Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Requisition ID: 4094190906
DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, New Product Development for Mitek Sports Medicine, located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- Collaborate with R&D and Quality engineers in developing new product designs within a multi-functional team environment; specifically to develop innovative manufacturing solutions for soft tissue and shoulder reconstruction implantable devices and reusable instruments.
- Establish the relationship between product design features and the selected methods required to manufacture the product.
- Assess the design intent, manufacturability, proper dimensioning and tolerancing of components and assemblies to allow product to transition into the manufacturing environment.
- Lead the manufacturing of prototypes used in NPD, including selecting the most appropriate prototype methods and executing prototype development to support new product design trials.
- Complete financial estimates of components and assembly Cost of Goods Sold.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for feature and manufacturing cost trade-offs, during the design phase of new products. Develop comprehensive, cost effective manufacturing strategies, including supplier selection, to drive product team decisions on sourcing to achieve cost and time targets.
This position may require up to 10% travel (domestic and international).
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical or Manufacturing.
- Minimum 6 years of engineering experience with a BS, or 4 years with MS in engineering.
- Professional experience in highly regulated industry.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment(i.e for process development, cycle time, yield and cost improvements).
- Demonstrated ability to lead design and manufacturing-related activities within the requirements of 13485 Design Control requirements.
- Strong technical communication skills and proven ability to work independently with external suppliers.
- Experience working in medical device industry.
- Knowledge in the application of Design for Manufacturing (DFM), including industry best practices and experience in applying DFM to new product designs.
- Experience working with an integrated multi-functional new product development team.
- A broad knowledge of medical device manufacturing processes and applications including but not limited to textile design, machining, biomaterials, assembly techniques and automation.
- Proficient knowledge of Process Excellence / Six Sigma statistical analysis techniques and its application in manufacturing processes.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)