Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, Supplier Relations / Category Lead – Global Strategic Insight
Requisition ID: 4089180509
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Supplier Relations / Category Lead – Global Strategic Insight. This position will be located in Somerville, NJ / New Brunswick, NJ / Titusville, NJ / Horsham, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
With $77 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Senior Manager, Supplier Relations / Category Lead – Global Strategic Insight, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating SRM and Category Management activities across Johnson & Johnson’s Medical Device, Pharmaceutical and Consumer businesses on a global basis. With spend of approximately $500 Million, these categories are highly complex and evolving in nature. This will require extensive interaction with key business stakeholders, emerging and existing suppliers on a global and/or regional basis and other category or functional leadership team members. You will work with key business partners and regional category leads to develop, coordinate, implement and track category strategies, SRM plans and category priorities on a global and regional basis.
You will also be responsible for managing relationships and developing strategies relative to some key Johnson & Johnson suppliers as well as manage / execute complex sourcing events. You will plan and direct activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, service and compliance adherence.
- Develop and execute key category strategies in support of business objectives. Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and category strategies based on deep subject matter expertise and understanding of industry and market dynamics.
- Develop the vision, strategy and implementation plan for specific strategic supplies to meet the objectives as set forth in the category strategy as well as meeting the long-range requirements of the business and deliver maximum value for JNJ
- Develop and implement robust SRM plans by Interfacing directly with strategic supplier leadership to assure alignment with JNJ objectives including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Analyze supplier data and review supplier performance.
- Manage, develop and improve end to end value and bring innovation to the business
- Maintain external focus and identify new global and regional suppliers and sources of value for the business in alignment with category strategy
- Execute complex, cross regional sourcing events to bring value and innovation to the Enterprise
- Understand operational considerations. Identify business demand requirements and collaborate with business partners, business engagement leads and regional category leads to deliver annual value improvements and savings.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Develop, coordinate and implement operational and category efficiency initiatives along with regional category leads
- Develop, coordinate and implement citizenship initiatives in areas of supplier diversity and sustainability along with regional category leads
- Develop, coordinate, manage and report activities associated with both annual and periodic forecasting, including tracking of major projects
- Escalate issues that may impact the function or business.
- Manage 1 – 2 direct reports
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of overall experience required.
- Experience in Procurement or a related business area is preferred.
- Broad based understanding of business operations, business practices and core Procurement areas of focus.
- Previous leadership or people management experience is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience in Sourcing Processes and Contract Negotiations is preferred
- An analytical background with sound judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets and objectives required
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary is needed.
- The ability to lead in developing new approaches and resolving issues is required
- The ability to build and maintain strong customer/manager relationships within the organization.
- High level of proficiency with core Procurement skills
- The ability to build strong relationships with supplier community and internal customers is required.
- Project Management experience required.
- Ability to lead cross-functional / cross-regional teams required.
- Demonstrated capability to understand and respond to external market environment required.
- Required travel for this role is estimated to be up to 30%, domestic and international.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)