Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Global Medical Affairs Senior Medical Director, CVM
Requisition ID: 4089180222
Janssen Global Services is currently recruiting for a Global Medical Affairs (GMAF) Senior Medical Director, CVM to be located in Raritan, NJ and may require up to 30% domestic and international travel.
- Develop global medical affairs strategy and plan for the compound based on prioritized regional needs.
- Partner closely with the Vice President of Global Medical Affairs and other GMAF Leaders to ensure one franchise strategy.
- Work with the CDTs to ensure integration with the overall global compound strategy, resulting in one global R&D and Medical Affairs compound development plan, inclusive of developing a Target Product Profile representing medical affairs global and regional value needs.
- Provide single Medical Affairs voice into the creation of compound development and LCM strategies, plans and trial design for this late stage asset from phase IIa through phase IV.
- Be responsible for pre-launch medical activities of new indications for this product including Therapeutic Area global advisory boards, medical symposia and congress activities, in collaboration with functional leads of regional activity in these areas.
- Be an active member of the core product CDTs and will lead a global Medical Affairs Team consisting of regionally designated Therapeutic Area Medical Affairs Leaders to create one medical affairs perspective and one "unified" voice on the CDT.
- Collaborate closely with the regional medical affairs representatives to develop integrated global medical affairs strategies and plans and maintain open, two-way communication to ensure regional medical affairs is up to date on all plans, progress and decisions.
- Synchronize input and output of the Med Affairs plan with the strategic and business plan calendars. Lead global publications planning process oversight (with vendor support) including manuscripts, abstracts, posters and papers as well as pre-launch global KOL communications & speaker development. Review of manuscripts to ensure alignment with strategy and effective communication/presentation in internal and external audiences (e.g. Symposia).
- Responsible for review and approval of proposed evidence generation activities within Medical Affairs for [TA] products. Responsible to ensure all global activities follow J&J Compliance principles, e.g. Health Care Compliance, etc.
- A minimum of a MD or equivalent is required
- Experience in diabetes or endocrinology & metabolism therapeutic area is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a global medical affairs role is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of combined relevant experience in a medical/clinical environment and/or scientific function in the pharmaceutical industry is required
- A demonstrated track record leading highly matrixed, cross-functional work teams or similar experience comprised of high-level managers and executives is preferred
- Global diabetes experience is preferred
- Proven ability to partner cross culturally/regionally is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of study methodology, study data reviews and analysis required
- Excellent knowledge of study execution, benefit risk management and life-cycle management is preferred
- Highly innovative with the ability to drive a complex and changing environment and effectively manage and resolve issues within the metabolism TA is preferred
- Experience in developing and managing strategic relationships with medical experts/opinion leaders is required.
- This position will be located in Raritan, NJ and may require up to 30% domestic and international travel.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)