Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 4089171105
Janssen Pharmaceuticals is currently recruiting for a Principal statistician. This position can be located in Raritan, NJ; Titusville, NJ; or Spring House, PA. Occasional travel to the NJ/PA sites will be required. Additional travel up to 15% may be required.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the
uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an
equal opportunity employer.
Janssen, pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson, has access to and generates wealth of data. The core mission of the data sciences group is to leverage this data using machine learning, pattern detection, anomaly detection and predictive modeling to create insights and impact health care.
The Data Sciences group within Pharma IT department of Janssen is looking for an outstanding Statistician who is interested in leading, designing, and developing, solutions to measure privacy risk and implement de-identification and anonymization methods. The candidate for this position will work with a newly formed team and product line for Privacy and De-identification Analytics. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining solutions, leadership and creativity to invent, customize and work in a multidisciplinary environment to drive business solutions.
The Principal Scientist, Data Sciences will be part of a dynamic, accomplished informatics team that will support a broad portfolio of Data Scientists across the Enterprise; He/She is accountable for executing business requirements for projects, achieving project objectives, ensuring effective integration of new clinical data.
The Principal statistician, Data Sciences will:
- Execute the strategy of De-identification Analytics
- Lead a team and serve as a technical leader of the project team in the field of Privacy and De-identification Analytics, with specific expertise in the following areas: statistics, de-identification, risk assessment, and the structure and content of clinical data sets.
- Categorize identifiers and quasi-identifiers, as well as develop the methods to accurately assess re-identification risk and alter data elements to reduce that risk.
- Work in collaboration with business team and/or Business Relationship Manager to understand business demands and identify opportunities.
- Lead and participate in development of software tools, applications, and analyses to support need to ensure patient privacy while maintaining utility.
- Address complex problems with broad implications for research data, balancing the often-competing needs of privacy and utility.
- Ensure solutions are consistent with business objectives or business strategy.
- Make decisions regarding resource alignment/dedication and prioritization (people resources, dollars/funding, project criticality) and communicate rationale back to the business and project management.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process and long-term direction for the Privacy and De-identification team and aligns plans between stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience OR an advanced degree (Master’s, PhD or MD) in Statistics or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Familiarity with tools and methods to calculate re-identification risk in clinical data is preferred.
- Experience building population statistics to compare to the prevalence of elements in the analysis dataset is preferred.
- Experience working with complex, multidisciplinary teams in a matrix environment is required.
- Strong data modelling and schema design experience and working knowledge of relational database modeling concepts and SQL is required.
- Experience using data profiling / quality tools, experience with ETL activities, knowledge of common data models (e.g. OMOP, i2b2) is preferred.
- Understanding of clinical data model/standards/vocabularies such as MEDRA, SNOMED, CDISC, CDM and RxNORM is preferred.
- Experience working in a data warehouse environment with exposure to INFORMATICA, Redshift and Teradata. Knowledge of health outcomes databases (claim, EMR/EHR, survey, observation studies) is preferred.
- Strong expertise in health informatics, including familiarity with health outcomes databases, clinical trial registries Understanding of IT resource and cost drivers for a franchise or business unit is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to drive tasks in a diverse team is required.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)