Johnson & Johnson Careers
Engineering/Supply Chain Co-op - Puerto Rico (Spring 2020)
Requisition ID: 4085190509
Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
With more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies that employ over 135,000 people work with partners in health care to make a difference in the lives of over a billion people throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The J&J Supply Chain is an integrated, global supply chain that serves the needs of the 1 billion people who use J&J products each and every day around the world. We manufacture more than 26 billion product units per year, from raw component sourcing to end product distribution as efficiently and effectively as possible with high quality, compliance and service performance. Our supply chain organization makes up 45% of all J&J employees, and includes 125 internal manufacturing plants, manages 581 external manufacturers, utilizes 459 distribution centers, partners with over 3,700 direct suppliers, produces over 300,000 sku’s.
The Co-op in our Supply Chain at Johnson & Johnson could work in a variety of functional areas and roles across the Supply Chain organization including but not limited to the following:
- Planning Analysts
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Regulatory Compliance/Quality Engineers
- Program Management Office Associates
- Associate Engineers
- Associate Facilitators
- Project Engineers
- Operations Associates
- Supply Chain Associates
- Perform Engineering projects and other work in support of the manufacturing.
- Support projects via technical skills, management skills, and communication to accomplish project analysis, experimental work, troubleshooting, documentation, project coordination and management.
- Support your assigned functional area by performing engineering investigations, performing or overseeing projects or segments of projects in assessment, design, engineering, implementation, validation and documentation.
- Drive continuous improvement behind Lean/Six Sigma projects, cost improvement projects, critical supply inventory tracking, and operations metrics tracking on a site, regional, and global level.
- Assist in performing analysis of the movement of people, processes, and products, throughout the distribution center, monitor current processes, identify and analyze gaps, and develop process improvements.
- Gather and interpret process data to implement improvements in cycle time, yield, or quality.
- Participate or conduct in troubleshooting efforts by analysis and correction of both chemical and mechanical operating problems to maintain or improve existing site operations.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports, as needed, to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Maintain process surveillance programs on issues such as process control, yields, cycle times, quality, and change over.
- McNeil Healthcare - Las Piedras
- Ethicon - San Lorenzo & Guaynabo
- Johnson & Johnson Vision - Añasco
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals - Gurabo & Manati
- Be legally authorized to work in Puerto Rico and the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative is strongly preferred.
- Be actively enrolled pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in an accredited college/institution and be in good academic standing.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and presentation skills and leadership qualities are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist.
- Previous intern or co-op experience is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
- Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Biomedical, Computer/Software)
United States-Puerto Rico-San Lorenzo-
North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Manatí, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Guaynabo, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Gurabo, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Las Piedras, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco
Ethicon Endo Surgery, LLC (7597)