Johnson & Johnson Careers
Maintenance Technician II (2nd Shift)
Horseheads, New York
Requisition ID: 4084190114
DePuy Synthes, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is hiring for a Maintenance Technician II.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
Johnson & Johnson has accepted a binding offer to form a strategic collaboration with Jabil Inc., one of the world’s leading manufacturing services provider for health care products and technology products. The Company would expand a 12-year relationship with Jabil to produce a range of products within the Ethicon Endo-Surgery and DePuy Synthes businesses.
This position is planned for transfer to Jabil upon completion of the transaction. Therefore, should you receive and accept an offer for this position and remain in the role through the completion of the transaction, you would be transferred to Jabil upon the close of the deal, subject to any applicable local law. As a result of the transfer, you would become an employee of Jabil, and your employment would be governed by Jabil’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefit plans, as applicable.
The Maintenance Technician II installs and maintains production machines and assists in machine overhaul within the facility. This includes but is not limited to hooking up control wiring, motor hook-ups, and rewiring of production equipment.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
• Repairs all types of production equipment by interfacing with the operator and/or manager to determine the problem and resolving it using standard procedures or designing and implementing repairs (e.g. machine modification).
• Performs routine maintenance on production equipment.
• Moves, levels and runs electricity and air to production machines as needed.
• Performs other special projects, related administrative and other duties as assigned.
• Acts as back-up for other areas of maintenance, such as cleaning, driving, metal scrap, snow removal, machine set-up and repair, etc.
• Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
• Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma and five (5) years of electrician and/or machine mechanic/technician or related experience is required OR a 2-year vocational or technical certificate or Associate's Degree and three (3) years of electrician and/or machine mechanic/technician or related experience is required.
• Must be strong in mechanical affairs.
• Knowledge of electrical wiring and repair preferred.
• Basic familiarity with chemicals and their OSHA, EPA, and FDA regulations is preferred.
• Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic theory and trouble-shooting techniques is required.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics is required.
• Must hold valid Driver’s License.
• The position requires the ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
• This position requires a daily commute Monday - Friday for the 2nd shift working hours of 1:45 PM - 10:15 PM with occasional overtime and weekends as needed by the business.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New York-Horseheads-
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)