Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientific Director, Discovery - IL-23 PAS
Spring House, Pennsylvania; La Jolla, California
Requisition ID: 4083190114
Janssen Research & Development, LLC is recruiting for a Senior Scientific Director of discovery for the IL-23 Pathway Area Stronghold (PAS), located in Spring House, PA or La Jolla, CA.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are seeking a Senior Scientific Director to provide oversight of a group within the Immunology therapeutic area with a focus on driving novel biology and innovative approaches in drug discovery to accelerate delivery of therapeutic solutions for patients with IL-23 pathway driven diseases with high unmet need.
Reporting directly to the Vice President Immunology Discovery and working in close collaboration with the IL-23 Pathway Area Stronghold (PAS), the successful candidate will be responsible for refining and implementing our discovery strategy to identify IL-23 pathway driven diseases and prosecute novel therapeutic approaches.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for aggressively establishing collaborations with world-class academic and clinical thought leaders in this area to access state of the art expertise and technologies that drive innovative approaches to drug discovery. Ultimately these efforts will provide new insights into diseases which are meditated by IL-23 as well as novel therapeutic solutions. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to identify and evaluate novel therapeutic platforms and delivery strategies that have the potential to lead to transformational treatments.
The successful candidate will work within a strong matrixed environment with colleagues within the Immunology therapeutic area, the IL-23 PAS and other functional areas including our Innovation Centers to explore both internal and external opportunities. They will participate on the Discovery Senior leadership team to enable to the Discovery function to execute on its overall strategy and will manage a scientific group and lead teams. They will lead efforts into disease understanding at the molecular level and partner with technology platform organizations to develop New Molecular Entities.
- The successful candidate will have a PhD in Pharmacology/Biochemistry/Immunology or related field.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in the field of Immunology. Understanding of IL-23 biology in multiple cell types, tissues and diseases is key.
- The successful candidate will have previous line management experience and will have a proven track record of success in the Immunology field through publications and presentations.
- Previous Industry experience and knowledge of small molecule based Drug Discovery is preferred.
- Strong communications skills are critical as is a proven ability to work in a matrix environment while establishing and maintaining effective internal and external collaborations.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
North America-United States-California-La Jolla
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)