Johnson & Johnson Careers
Regional Sales Specialist - (North Central US) - Ethicon US, LLC
Requisition ID: 4081180613
The Ethicon US LLC, a part of the Global Surgery Group within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Regional Sales Specialist to cover the North Central US region. Preference may be given to candidates who live in Denver, Minneapolis or Kansas City.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today. Learn more at www.ethicon.com, or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon
The Regional Sales Specialist (RSS) expands the sales of Ethicon products and converts competitive products in a manner that complies with company policy and sales direction. The RSS oversees coordination of sales resources across specified facilities along with the Sales Manager and Regional director to help align the resources for account / facility results. They are accountable to identifying and building productive relationships with key influencers within large competitive IDNs. The RSS will also be responsible for setting priorities and making sound business decisions based on an understanding of sales opportunities within accounts.
Additional job responsibilities include:
- Oversee coordination of sales and sales support resources
- Manage total coordination of resources to meet the needs of targeted accounts such as large competitive IDNs.
- Understand and demonstrate proper preparation and surgical use of all of our products.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle customer product questions, and objections, in a way that is consistent with sales training methodology.
- Conduct sales presentations by using current selling methods learned in sales training courses.
- Execute the selling process in a manner that is concise, compliant, professional, ethical, and persuasive; and which leads the customer to action.
- Analyze data and stay updated about market information and will be responsible for business planning (e.g. setting priorities and making sound business decisions based on understanding of sales opportunities within accounts).
- Build excellent customer relations with key physicians, hospital personnel, and authorized distributors, as well as conduct customer education seminars as appropriate.
- Comply with standards for safe behavior and demonstrate product, procedure, and clinical knowledge.
- Conduct business in accordance with the Business Conduct Policy, HCC, and other J&J policies and procedures.
- The RSS will also have excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office and Apple applications.
Please apply today to be considered for this position, or other positions in the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- A minimum of six years’ relevant sales experience is required.
- Experience managing large complex accounts is required
- The ability to travel at least 50% which may include overnights and/or weekends is required.
- A valid driver's license in one of the 50 states is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Candidates with documented successful sales performance (high growth, results vs. plan), the ability to target accounts and achieve results through a daily action plan and the ability to collaborate with other J&J associates (peers, marketing, Strategic Account Managers), external companies (distributor reps) and KOLs are preferred.
- Self-starters with strong time management and planning skills are also preferred.
- Hospital-based pharmaceutical or medical device experience as well as experience in product sales to a highly educated/high profile customer base is strongly preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New York-New York
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-Ohio-Cleveland, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Scranton
Ethicon US, LLC (6040)