Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist, CAR-T Immunobiology (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 4078180620
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist, CAR-T Immunobiology located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As an Associate Scientist within CAR-T Immunobiology responsibilities will include:
- Possess working knowledge of T-cell biology including markers of key T-cell subsets, effector cytokines, and exhaustion biomarkers
- Isolation of primary human immune cells, including T-lymphocytes, from human blood and subsequent aseptic cell culture
- Viral vector-based or electroporation-based modification of tumor cell lines and primary human T-cells
- Phenotypically characterize genetically modified primary T-lymphocytes using flow cytometric instrumentation
- Design and develop immunological assays to characterize genetically engineered CAR-T cells
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook and contribute to support documentation in line with company standards
- Support the CAR-T R&D team in JBIO to enable timely development and delivery of novel molecular entities to therapeutic area stakeholders
- Self-motivated and eager to take on temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Bachelors of Science degree with a minimum of 1 year of T cell biology experience in academic or industry is required
- Ability to work independently with advanced flow cytometry equipment is required
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture is required
- Experience in mammalian cell culture with primary T-cells is preferred
- Outstanding collaborative and communication skills
- Foster a working environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)