Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Director, Data & Analytics
Requisition ID: 4075180222
Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies is recruiting for an Associate Director, Data & Analytics in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develops and markets beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Working in the Data & Analytics group in J&J Consumer is about much more than simply crunching numbers – it’s about finding compelling insights within data and using your exceptional business and communication skills to translate those insights into action. As the owner of our global Business Analysis platform “Business Panorama”, you’ll spend your time digging into many different complex data sets, combining, and analyzing them. The data will not remain inert in your hands, however, since you’ll use your critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills to influence and drive thoughtful and well-informed decision making with our most senior business leaders within the organization.
Your networking skills will make it easy for you to collaborate with regional and global colleagues from Analytics, Marketing, Sales, and IT to develop and implement our Global Data Strategy. Your attention to detail and big picture view will allow you to shape our global analytics agenda while building solid data foundations that are scalable and work from global aggregate to most minute detail.
We value passionate, down to earth, “can do” people who enjoy fine-tuning small details, without losing sight of the big picture. They are curious and constantly looking for better ways of analyzing our data. As a “doer” you can roll up your sleeves and query data yourself as well as create PowerPoint presentations for the C-Suite. You feel equally at ease to collaborate with internal and external colleagues to drive insights-generating projects.
To hit the ground running, you ideally bring some knowledge about CPG data with you – metrics like “distribution” or “velocity” and “GRP” sound familiar. Having worked closely with marketing in consumer oriented industries will help you gain traction quickly with our key stakeholders.
• Become the global expert on the internal and external data sets within the J&J Consumer Global Data Lake and generate insights using these data sets. These include syndicated data, causal facts, media spend, digital marketing data, macro-indicators, as well as internal sets like sales, profit, P&L.
• Global Share Reporting and Analysis. Collaborate with partners inside and outside the company to evolve the global “single source of truth” on market share performance and its underlying drivers.
• Drive and develop core global company processes such as share target setting and New Product performance analysis. Assist teams in business and strategic planning through data provisioning and analysis.
• Data strategy implementation. Work with IT and partner agencies to ensure global data extraction, ingestion, harmonization, and analysis satisfies business needs.
• Expand and enhance the Global J&J Consumer data lake by ingesting new data sources on e-commerce, personalized marketing. Participate on the Global Data Governance council.
• Drive the improvement and expansion of Business Panorama, the global Analytics platform in J&J Consumer, to deliver a best-in-class user experience and increase the efficiency of commercial teams around the globe.
• Proactively collaborate with colleagues to propose new analytical solutions that maximize the value we derive from our data.
• BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Data Science, or BA/BS with similar equivalent practical experience is required.
• MBA or Master’s degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of working experience in consumer facing industries with increasing responsibility is required.
• 2 years in a consumer marketing company is preferred.
• Experience in extracting and analyzing data using statistical software and database languages to identify trends, identify relevant insights and to make strategic business recommendations is required.
• Strong expertise in data visualization and Excel is required.
• Additional proficiency in R, Python, and SQL is preferred.
• Some expertise in advanced software packages for AI and/or data management such as BigML, Dataiku, TAMR, Trifacta etc. is preferred.
• Ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues, and communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely with the appropriate visuals is required.
• Tableau experience is preferred.
• Strong management skills with proven ability to drive multiple high-profile projects to successful completion in parallel, on time and within budget is required.
• Ability to influence cross-functional and upper management to impact decision-making; Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight and analytics, and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and on a one on one basis is required.
• This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 20% domestic and/or international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)