Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Finance Director – Enterprise Spend Optimization
Requisition ID: 4072180222
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Finance Director – Enterprise Spend Optimization to be based in New Brunswick or Titusville, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Finance Director – Enterprise Spend Optimization will lead the Finance related activities on the ESP 2.0 Spend Optimization Program to drive the development of the category level financial BVA report across the enterprise and will work across the sectors and global functions to better integrate ESP 2.0 Spend Optimization methodology into the financial review process (e.g. Quarterly Performance Review, Budgeting, Planning, and Target Setting processes). He/she will possess an in-depth understanding of Spend Optimization principles and processes to support education of Finance leadership across the sectors and global functions to better integrate and enable non-people SG&A cost management and sustainability. Additionally, he/she will enable Spend Optimization processes by:
• Possessing a detailed understanding of the Spend Optimization Program and developing expertise on Spend Optimization principles, processes, and policies
• Understanding the financial data and technology to enable the accelerated development and implementation of the category level BVA reports
• Ensuring timely generation and distribution of Spend Optimization Financial Reporting (i.e. category level BVA reports), including insightful and action-oriented commentary
• Working with the COE Leaders to ensure reporting process is automated and time is spent on predictive, modelling and getting insights
• Driving and delivering change management to facilitate adoption of Spend Optimization principles and processes within the Finance Organization
• Educating stakeholders on Spend Optimization methodology to better integrate and sustain within financial review process (e.g. Quarterly Performance Review, Budgeting, Planning, and Target Setting processes).
• Capturing the value case across sectors and functions through financial reporting (i.e. category level BVA reports)
• Supporting development or analysis to recommend actions and initiatives to reduce spending and capture savings opportunities
• Providing the OpCo leadership the appropriate financial support for the execution of Spend Optimization Program processes and implementation on a day-to-day basis
• Collaborating with external consulting partners on Spend Optimization Program design
- Deliver Spend Optimization Financial Reporting (i.e. Category Level BVA Reporting):
- Drive delivery of Category Level Spend Optimization Financial Reporting across sectors and global functions
- Improve data accuracy/ quality and work across the FP&A teams to drive standardized general ledger account usage
- Collaborate with the sector/ global function CFOs and Leadership to identify enhancements to Spend Optimization Financial Reporting based upon business partner feedback
- Educate and Support Change Management of the Category Level Financial Reports
- Support socialization and alignment of Spend Optimization financial reporting with key business stakeholders
- Support training to finance community on use and development of category level commentary
- Support developing global and executive level framing & commentary as appropriate for the Spend Optimization financial reporting
- Integrate Spend Optimization into the financial review process:
- Educate finance leadership and stakeholders on framework to integrate Spend Optimization into financial review process (e.g. Quarterly Performance Review, Budgeting, Planning, and Target Setting processes)
- Work with senior leaders around the globe and Group Finance in developing appropriate methodology to integrate Spend Optimization into the budgeting process (i.e. ZBB, Driver based or Historical).
- Support the development of training tools and templates to support adoption
- Capture and Track Value Case
- Provide executive level reporting on achievement of value case across sectors and global functions
- Highlight issues/ risks to deliver expected savings
- Supports continuous improvement activities
- Assists with training organization in Spend Optimization program and process
- Participates in and delivers training to increase knowledge & skill
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 8 years of finance or accounting is required.
- A CPA, CMA or MBA is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of finance and accounting processes is required
- Prior people management experience is required
- Prior project management experience is preferred
- Prior change management experience is preferred
- Prior experience with end to end ownership of process redesign including experience with implementing and driving global processes and results is preferred
- Experienced professional with strong communication skills who is able to interact with senior management is required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office is required.
- Strong influencer, independent thinking and strong planning/prioritization are critical to success requirement
- This position is located in New Brunswick or Titusville, NJ and requires approximately 10% travel (domestically and internationally).
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Planning & Analysis