Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Summer Intern to work at our La Jolla, CA site. We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual for a Summer Intern position in the Mechanistic & Investigative Toxicology group between Monday, May 6, 2019 and Friday, August 30, 2019.
The Intern will report directly to the MIT Head in La Jolla and will be responsible for gene and/or protein expression analysis studies to reveal mechanisms responsible for compound induced vascular tumors.
The Summer Intern will:
• Work semi-independently to perform assigned scientific experiments within a matrix environment for up to 40 hrs per week (Monday through Friday).
• Prepare and use stock supplies, dilutions of solutions, perform sanitation duties, while using appropriate personal protective equipment provided.
• Handle cell culturing and related samples intended for gene and/or protein expression analysis.
• Perform sample (cells, tissues, biological fluid) extraction/processing methods and detect gene [mRNA and/or microRNA] expression using PCR and/or flow cytometry.
• Perform sample (cells, tissues, biological fluids) extraction/processing methods and detect protein expression using Western blot, Immunocytochemical staining, conventional ELISA, Luminex and/or flow cytometry.
• Keep accurate and complete records of all scientific experiments in accordance to established procedures; basic computer competency is required.
• Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders in support of project deliverables.
• Develop the knowledge and application of local, state and federal guides, laws and regulations.
• Present project results to peers in a poster and/or oral presentation (e.g. including but not limited to “at the conclusion of the internship”).
• Potentially contribute as co-author to publication(s) in a peer reviewed journal.
must be enrolled in an accredited college/university and has completed at least
1 year toward the MS or PhD degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Toxicology,
Pharmacology or a closely related field or a DVM degree.
must be available to work (Full-time: 40 hours per week).
must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require
sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the
leadership is preferred.
must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high
proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), GraphPad Prism software
for generating presentation-ready graphs, and Power Point, and have strong oral
and written communication skills.
competencies in SharePoint and other information technology systems are highly
desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature
minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
United States-California-San Diego-Organization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function