Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Area Mechanic 1 (1 of 4)
San Angelo, Texas
Requisition ID: 4054180223
Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Area Mechanic 1 (1 of 4), located in San Angelo, TX.
Ethicon, Inc. is a trusted, world-wide leader in surgical care. For over a century, Ethicon has continuously introduced innovations in wound closure, general surgery, wound management, women's health and urology and aesthetic medicine that fulfill the company's vision: Reach More Patients Restore More Lives.
The Mechanic 1 is responsible for:
• Reads, interprets and follows work instructions and training materials.
• Pass and maintain training and certification examinations as required.
• Read diagrams, sketches, blueprints, diagrams, operation manuals and manufacturing specifications related to assigned equipment.
• Use process controller programmer systems to maintain programs and to diagnose equipment failures using analysis of relay-ladder-logic programs and other process control language software.
• Diagnose and identify equipment failures within entire the system (e.g. mechanical, electromechanical, pneumatic or facilities).
• As required, maintain area support equipment (e.g. ergo lifts/tables, chairs, ladders, etc.).
• Operate all portable power tools and hand tools in assigned production area; drills, wrenches, grinders and meters to troubleshoot and repair of production equipment.
• Assure that all maintenance work performed on said equipment and spare parts used are captured in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
• This individual will be responsible for interpreting computer based diagnostic data for predictive maintenance and other applications.
• The Area Mechanic will perform all work within ISO 14001 principles and environmental regulatory compliance requirements, safety requirements inherent to chemical process and within all safety codes, including but not limited to Occupational Safety Health and Health Administration (OSHA) and applicable building and safety codes, Ethicon requirements, etc.
This position is under a Collective Bargaining Agreement in a union environment. The San Angelo Plant is a 24/7 operation; weekends and holidays are included in the work schedule.
• A minimum of a High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
• At least 2 years combined school, training, or work experience in maintenance of machinery to produce or repair parts, tools and/or equipment is required.
• Mechanical skills required.
• The ability to operate power tools and hand tools is required.
• The ability to read and understand blueprints is required.
• Must be willing to obtain Yellow Belt training/certification.
• Must be a certified forklift operator or be willing to become certified.
• Must be willing to be trained on the usage of a Respirator.
• Must be able to work a rotating 12 hour schedule of either days or nights, which will include alternating weekends. The ability to work occasional overtime, weekends and some holidays as needed by business is required.
• Must be able to successfully complete the WorkKeys (skills assessment) with scores of (5) or higher on all Ethicon required modules.
United States-Texas-San Angelo
Ethicon Inc. (6045)