Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Payer Marketing
Requisition ID: 4030190111
The Director of Payer Marketing, is a newly created position leading marketing strategy in the areas of market access marketing, channel marketing, as well as integrated customers and health systems marketing. The role will report directly to the Head of Marketing, but will collaborate closely with Sales and Strategic Customer functions across Janssen. This role will be responsible for building the value proposition and branding experience, working to maximize our marketing communications to payers, group providers, health systems, and thought leaders, working in conjunction with Brand Marketing and other partners to ensure a seamless positioning for Actelion. The role will require leadership of our market access marketing strategy, working with the Market Access team to ensure a seamless and unsurpassed patient experience along with innovative programs that ensure patients start and stay on therapy. This role will work to direct and deliver an integrated channel strategy in order to identify opportunities to bring value in a changing market landscape with payer environment and pathways. This role will work with Sales leadership to ensure the field roles are maximized, creating strategic direction and tactical support to enhance our effectiveness to new stakeholder groups in local markets.
The Director of Payer Marketing will be directly responsible for the following:
- Work with brand marketing leads to develop annual Business Plans for the franchise and execute both product and service innovations
- Develop a payer and channel/customer strategic plan along with the Actelion Leadership Team that will ensure a clear path toward leadership in the PH marketplace.
- Collaborate with multiple functions including Sales, Sales training, Strategic Customer Group, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Commercial Excellence, Corporate Communications and outside vendors in order to effectively execute key commercial activities.
- Lead a team of marketing professionals supporting Market Access. Responsible for staffing, training and developing their team according to Value Excellence principles and practices.
- Utilize market research to properly plan Actelion franchise activities.
- Co-ordinate promotional activities with sales and marketing management.
- Partner with Sales Training on marketed products and updates as needed.
- Develop pricing and contracting tactics for the PH portfolio, working with Market Access partners. Supports the franchise team cross-functional initiatives.
- Interact effectively with Medical Affairs, Market Research, and Managed Care organizations in strategic long-term planning. Interact and partner with key business partners in order to ensure alignment on strategies and tactics for Actelion’s products.
- Continually assess the competitive landscape and responds accordingly.
- Work within regulatory guidelines to achieve goals.
- This job has supervisory responsibilities.
Work closely with senior leadership team to ensure appropriate resources and organizational alignment is available to capitalize on short-term and long-term business opportunities
This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- BA/BS required
- MBA or related degree Preferred
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience
- Minimum of 10 years in Sales and/or Marketing; equivalent combination of advanced degree and less experience may be considered.
- People management experience
- MBA or other related advanced degree
- Biology/Scientific background
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix and unstructured environment
- Demonstrated experience in critical marketing competencies
- Advanced communication and presentation skills
- Must be innovative, proactive, and strong analytically with excellent overall business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Can operate in two worlds — big picture orientation with attention to detail.
- Builds effective teams that work well across functions and groups.
- Experience directing and managing advertising and promotional agencies
- Previous Pharma Sales or Sales Management experience
- Global Marketing/Early Commercial Development experience
- Demonstrated ability to partner and work with multiple agencies/vendors, manage budgets and projects, cross-functionally, cross-geography, and with cross-company teams of high-level managers and executives.
- An ability to manage multiple demands and priorities on time, lead teams, gain alignment and driving decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required along with demonstrated presentation skills.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)
Health Economics Mkt