Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, CAR-T Biology (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 4017180620
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, CAR-T Biology located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior Associate Scientist will be utilizing highly specialized experience and knowledge, this position will be accountable for preclinical generation and characterization of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cells for multiple CAR-T platforms. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to: daily maintenance of early- and late-stage CAR-T cells for in vitro and in vivo applications; assay design and execution to enable CAR-T cell platform development; providing functional and intellectual support to the CAR-T cell group within JBIO.
As an Senior Associate Scientist within CAR-T Biology responsibilities will include:
- Provide extensive working knowledge of primary human T cell culture including purification from mixed populations, in vitro culture and maintenance, and flow cytometry-based immunophenotyping.
- Possess functional expertise with genetic manipulation of T cells including electroporation, viral transduction, and other related technologies.
- Design and execute experimental plans with minimal guidance; analyze and record data, establish laboratory protocols, and contribute to technical reports.
- Contribute to cell engineering research, assay development and execution, and engineered T cell platform development.
- Deliver reports, summaries, and presentations supporting experimental results.
- Support the development of therapies focused on engineered T cells.
- Bachelors of Science degree with a minimum of 3 years of T cell biology experience in academic or industry is required
- Ability to work independently with advanced flow cytometry equipment is required
- Experience in independently proposing, designing, executing, and reporting research projects is required
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture is required
- Experience in mammalian cell culture with primary T-cells is preferred
- Possess the ability to solve complex problems in a creative scientific fashion
- Outstanding collaborative and communication skills
- Foster a working environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)