Johnson & Johnson Careers
Reprocessing Technical Lead
Requisition ID: 4010190318
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Reprocessing Technical Lead role in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Working closely with and as an extension of the METL, the Reprocessing Technical Lead (RTL) will be responsible for monitoring all production aspects of Recartoning / Inspections on a specific shift to provide technical leadership and guidance to team members. Is focused on delivering business objectives such as safety, quality, and output. The RTL will provide line management, coaching and skill development for Technicians and Operators. Activities for the respective shift across all recartoning, inspection and reconciliation areas.
• Leads troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems and process problems to prevent the occurrence of product and process non-conformances
• Prioritizes work for Shift, moving team resources as needed
• Focused on delivering CREDO and business objectives; safety, quality, output and team
• Demonstrates ability to cover for METL when required for non-supervisory activities
• Drives shift’s compliance to safety and quality procedures and policies
• Provides technical support for team members of all electronic systems, i.e. VIBES, eDHR, MES, SAP, etc.
• Works closely with engineering disciplines when troubleshooting the equipment and processes
• Provides a linkage between Reprocessing and Manufacturing/Support Departments, including Quality Assurance, Product Release and Production Planning
• Facilitates and attends training for continuous skill development
• Attends and reports results at GEMBA meetings
• Communicates shift results through Daily Shift Report
• Coordinates the installation or modification of equipment
• In addition to all listed accountabilities, the RTL will fill critical gaps on a recartoning line as needed.
• Assumes responsibility for ensuring work performance of shift resources to meet established Compliance goals for:
o Safety and Environment
o Product and DHR Quality
o Output Targets
o CREDO Focus
• Utilizes resources to prioritize work and maximize efficiencies on shift. Provides peer leadership, coaching, coordinating, scheduling, monitoring, communicating and problem solving for all line activities
• Coordinates equipment and administration support for all team members
• Coordinates and provides training to all team members
• Initiates and facilitates team, quality, equipment and efficiency enhancements
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management
• 2+ years college in technical discipline (or equivalent), emphasizing electro-mechanical, PLC, pneumatics or equivalent industrial experience is required
• 5 years maintenance or engineering experience with high volume production line environment, preferably continuous operation is required
• Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the following areas is required:
o Process improvement, Line knowledge, PLC systems, electro/mechanical devices, robotic/servo systems, safety devices, equipment installation, debug and qualification, control circuitry development, electro-mechanical troubleshooting/repair, equipment prototyping, production start-up, equipment process development and mechanical devices, controller, mechanical parts design, tooling experience, materials/metal working, and mechanical power transmission
• Experience working in a medical device manufacturing facility is required
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to prioritize projects and tasks
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work in an empowered work team environment
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)