Johnson & Johnson Careers
SUMMER INTERN DISCOVERY PROCESS RESEARCH
Requisition ID: 4008190114
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research and Development, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting an undergraduate student for a synthetic organic chemistry intern position. As one of the top pharmaceutical companies in the world, Janssen is committed to addressing critical unmet medical needs.
The internship is offered by the Discovery Process Research group located in La Jolla, CA. The internship program is focused on providing undergraduate college students a hands-on-experience to learn about the role of organic chemistry in the drug discovery process.
The synthetic organic chemistry intern will:
- Work collaboratively with a senior scientist
- Develop the scope for novel synthetic methodologies
- Synthesize, purify, and characterize relevant small molecule organic compounds
- Participate in ongoing project team meetings
- Be exposed to other drug discovery functions
- Will be based in San Diego, CA
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a B.S. degree in a field related to the chemical sciences.
- Candidates must have completed a year of organic chemistry course and lab work.
- Candidates must be familiar with modern analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC).
- Candidates with prior undergraduate research experience (outside of the standard curriculum) will be given preference.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time during the internship period.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.2 is strongly preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)