Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, Portfolio Management
Requisition ID: 4001190506
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Director, Portfolio Management, located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This leader and their team will be responsible for establishing and implementing a Program Office that will direct and coordinate all aspects of Finance Solutions and Technology initiatives. This includes creating and maintaining the overall master plan across the portfolio, managing governance processes, provide tracking and reporting of portfolio initiatives including value capture, as well as providing coaching and support to key initiative leaders.
This leader will have a broad understanding of the J&J Operating Groups as well as the geographic regions, in addition to deep understanding of the major Finance initiatives. The role works closely with the Change Management and Communications lead to effectively roll out a new portfolio governance process including intake, prioritization, governance, and tracking of value realization.
This key, global, strategic role will drive efficiency and effectiveness across the Finance organization, manage complex integrations and interface with senior management regularly.
Program Management and Portfolio Management
- Own overall PMO / portfolio governance processes including: intake process creation, portfolio governance, roadmap planning and execution
- Lead the planning, design, and deployment activities required to achieve Finance transformational changes across the enterprise
- Own and manage the ESP program roadmap in conjunction with the broader Finance portfolio
- Develop and lead a Finance metrics program that measures the Finance initiative performance through quantitative and qualitative measures; serve as the domain expert for Finance analytics
- Advance and oversee the Finance PMO to deliver a demand management program that identifies and prioritizes projects based on predefined criterial (return on investment, productivity, compliance) and incorporates effective change and risk management controls
- Ensure that the functional portfolio of project roadmaps are current, integrated and aligned to functional KPIs and the 3E (Employee Experience, Functional Excellence and Efficiencies) objectives/goals of Operational Agility
- Define the requirements and expertise of Project Managers and ensure defined PM processes are followed
- Coordinate development and implementation of processes, tools, and methodologies for use by large transformational initiatives
- Set the Finance Portfolio Management vision and direction with a defined long-range plan
- Define and ensure appropriate resource allocation and project prioritization processes
- Develop, communicate, and reinforce a clear criteria for value case generation and project justification
- Manage the Portfolio and Project Reporting efforts including reporting and dashboard processes
- Establish and ensure a standardized governance structure for the FS&T organization, and for each transformation initiative as necessary, to support the following:
- Service Design & Delivery
- Decision making / Decision Rights
- Process, Technology, & Data Alignment
- Current / Future State Planning & Execution
- Standardized Process & Policy Management
- Delivering our 3E Commitments
- Define the measures that drive governance decisions to ensure processes are in place using accurate data
- Define the governance process so that the services, process, technology, data, and policy requirements are being met for our customers
- Facilitate governance process through the Design Authority/ Change Control Board
- Embrace and lead a culture of inclusiveness and multi-cultural engagement through coaching and feedback to peers and the broader community in Finance in alignment with the J&J’s Leadership imperatives
- Develop a strong pipeline of global and diverse leaders. Enable a Credo-based & High-Performance Culture within team
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, feedback, and, where appropriate, discipline to and through subordinate team members
- Benchmark capabilities, processes and tools against peer groups both internal and external
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- An advanced degree in science, business, engineering or organizational management is preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience managing many aspects of PMO and Governance in a global context, in a regulated environment is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of people management experience is required.
- Experience in owning large PMO/portfolio governance processes including process creation, portfolio governance calendar planning/management, and execution is required.
- Experience creating a direct and indirect organization with a culture of global customer focus and the ability to deliver is required.
- Must be a strong team player who can work across organizations and teams to produce high quality project management and governance outcomes.
- The ability to attract and develop superior talent is required.
- Analytical skills and experience leading risk-based oversight programs required.
- The ability to build interdependent partnerships, acting as the mediator between organizations while optimizing the value proposition is required.
- The ability to develop high performing teams and lead in a matrixed environment is required.
- Organizational change management experience is required.
- Large transformation program management experience is required.
- The ability to shape, creating a future vision and gaining support and alignment to that vision is required.
- Must have executive presentation skills, a collaborative approach, the ability to connect, and the ability to manage complexity and ambiguity.
- Must seek to continuously learn and improve knowledge and skills by identifying developmental opportunities.
- Must have a bifocal approach - ability to zoom-in/zoom-out for strategic and tactical, high-level and detailed.
- Up to approximately 25% domestic and international travel may be required.
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)