Johnson & Johnson Careers
INTERN 2 DISCOVERY IMMUNOLOGY PA
Requisition ID: 3990190111
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a summer Intern position in the Immunology Discovery Group (Spring House, PA) to participate in research related to regulation of novel signaling pathways involved in innate immunity and autoimmune diseases.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development is focused on novel targets for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, but also includes CNS, oncology and metabolic disorders. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit http:// www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
The successful candidate will:
- Investigate signaling pathways in human monocytes/macrophages involved in innate sensing and production of inflammatory mediators in autoimmunity.
- Perform in vitro experiments using a variety of laboratory techniques and experience working in a laboratory environment, including cell culture, molecular biology (e.g. siRNA knockdown, QPCR), biochemical assays, and in vitro immunoassays (e.g. ELISA, Luminex).
- This assignment offers an undergraduate or graduate student the opportunity to work as part of a cross-functional team in a pharmaceutical laboratory setting.
- This direct exposure will allow the student to participate in the planning, execution, analysis and reporting of experiments under the guidance of experienced scientists.
- Interested candidates should have a strong desire to learn the drug development process and contribute to improving the health of people worldwide.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing/recent graduates (2019) a BS/BA degree or post-graduate degree in Immunology, Cellular or Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences and other life science related fields of study. Hands-on laboratory experience in biomedical research is required with a documented track record of productivity is highly preferred.
- Candidates must be available to work (Full-time).
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in SharePoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Candidates with academic and/or industrial biomedical research experience is required.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is highly preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)