Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, CAR-T Process Development
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 3987190506
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, CAR-T Process Development located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen BioTherapeutics Development (BTD) is seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual with proven expertise in T-cell biology, immunology and/or CAR-T therapy to join our CAR-T Process Development and Manufacturing team as a Senior Associate Scientist.
Responsibilities of this role may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform CAR-T process development studies, including validation studies.
• Support technical transfer of CAR-T manufacturing process to GMP facility
• Independently design experiments; analyze and record data, establish laboratory protocols, and author technical reports.
• Present research findings and data to the group; interact and collaborate with cross-functional teams
• Participate in routine lab operations (lab maintenance, safety inspections, etc.), equipment qualification, reagent qualifications, and/or other duties
• Ensure data integrity and maintain compliance with general laboratory operations, all appropriate SOPs for laboratory work, data recording, and laboratory instrumentation
• Maintain detailed records and notebooks in a GMP compliant manner, safety, and environmental requirements
• Work in a team environment as well as contribute individually to meet project timeline and objectives
• Cultivate a working environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force
• Bachelor's degree in biology, immunology or other relevant scientific field, with at least 4 years of industry experience OR a Master's degree with at least 2 years of industry experience is required
• Experience with mammalian cell culture is required
• Experience with delivery methods and related functional assays is preferred
• Direct experience with CAR-T manufacturing is preferred.
• Possess functional knowledge and some hands-on experience in basic assay techniques, including multi-color flow cytometry, and cell based assays is preferred
• Ability to design and execute experiments with minimal technical supervision, skills to perform data analysis and troubleshooting is required
• Experience in maintaining written records of work in the form of laboratory notebooks (paper or electronic), establishing lab protocols is required
• Must be comfortable handling and processing blood or serum samples
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and data analysis tools is required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
• Occasional weekend work may be required
• This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)