Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Analyst I, Chemistry Laboratory located in San Angelo, TX.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The Analyst I Chemistry Laboratory is responsible for conducting complex test and analysis to assure that product comply with established specifications.
- Carries out difficult calculations and prepares documentation that shows the results for test performed.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Conduct complex test and analysis to assure that product comply with established specifications.
- Execute simple microbiology analyses in-process sample and finish products (Microbial count, Environmental Monitoring and sterility test) to align with current procedures and Pharmacopoeias.
- Basic Technical writing techniques knowledge to perform preliminary laboratory investigation.
- Completes record of inspection results, acceptance, rejection and disposition for entry into log books or computer systems (i.e. LIMS).
- Support process improvement teams for departmental and company continuous improvement activities (Lean, compliance laboratory processes, etc.)
- Responsible to ensure adequate systematic control of nonconforming product.
- Recommends and implements revisions, corrections and changes to test equipment, procedures and methods.
- Initiates and coordinates discussions with quality, engineering and other relevant departments to develop corrective actions for reoccurring problems
- A university / bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; major in Science preferred
- A minimum of one (1) year of related experience is required
- Must demonstrate knowledge on software systems for testing, special projects and day to day activities (Smart QC, LIMS and Waters Empower 3 software).
- Good verbal and written communication skills with a good team working ethos required
- Strong organization skills on a laboratory environment required
- Must have basic wet chemistry techniques related to qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Must have basic knowledge on microbiology principles, theories, practices and methodology
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment (21 CFR Part 211 and 211, 21 Part 820, ICH Q7, 21 CFR Part 4, ISO-10993, ISO-11137, ISO-20857, ISO-14644 and ISO-11138) required
- Must have basic Spectroscopy knowledge (theorical and practical) to evaluate and troubleshoot chromatography analysis, document and review chromatography and/or spectroscopy (GC, UPLC, HPLC, FTIR, etc.) results that could impact the results for the test performed.
- Experience on proper use and basic troubleshooting on the following laboratory instrumentations is required: UPLC, HPLC, GC, FTIR, pH, KF, Particle counter, RCS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer software preferred
- Ability to prioritize multiple items concurrently is preferred
- The San Angelo Plant is a 24/7 operation; weekends and holidays are included in the work schedule
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Texas-San Angelo-
Ethicon Inc. (6045)