The Director, Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA), will work in close collaboration with R&D, Global Strategic Marketing and US marketing to ensure competitive advantage and market access of the Spine portfolio in a value-based global healthcare market by developing and executing systematic strategies that integrate health economics, outcomes research and market access solutions across all stages of the product lifecycle. The position has both global and US responsibilities. For the US, the position will partner and leverage the Strategic Capabilities US HEMA team as far as execution with payers and providers is concerned.
Position duties & responsibilities:
- Supports the business objectives of the Spine Platform within the DPS Franchise both on a global and US basis.
- Partners with multiple internal & external stakeholders to deliver against the business unit strategy;
- Works to ensure market access requirements are understood and built into the product pipeline through Target Product Profiles and value propositions that reflect the needs of non-clinical stakeholders;
- Supports the development and execution of lifecycle economic evidence and market access strategies that enable market access and commercial success;
- Works collaboratively with regional HEMA teams to identify evidentiary requirements and potential barriers to access;
- Works with regional HEMA teams to secure positive endorsement when applicable from HTA agencies;
- Champions the payer/ providers from a value requirement perspective by consolidating and distilling requirements from regional and key geography partners;
- Drives evidence generation from clinical programs and realworld evidence sources to substantiate and sustain product value proposition;
- Partners with regions and key geographies to ensure value messages are clearly cascaded and supported by appropriate tools and evidence;
- Leads the planning and execution of health economic and outcomes studies to support the businesses and direct the development of global market access strategies in support of business unit and or technology platform objectives;
- Manages research activities that include but are not limited to burden of illness, retrospective database studies, creation of global economic models and value messaging, patient reported outcomes development and analysis, interpretation of economic, satisfaction and QoL endpoints and results;
- Leads market access activities that include but are not limited to assessing market access needs/trends and developing required market access strategies to optimize market access and commercial success;
- Serves as a member and contributor to various business unit teams, providing functional expertise and leadership, and actively contribute to the business as a whole;
- Works closely with multiple cross functional partners, including R&D, GSM, US marketing, Business Development, Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Regional HEMA & Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, HCC and Legal.
- Accountable for the development, management and tracking of HEMA goals & objectives and local budgets.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
Successful candidate will have a strong technical background in evidence-based medicine, health economics, reimbursement or health policy and a track record of success.
The following J&J Leadership Competencies are required:
Connect: Be insight driven to uncover unmet needs
Forge internal collaboration across all levels of the enterprise
Shape: Translate insights into viable products and solutions that create value
Lead: Maximize the power of diversity and inclusion
Deliver: Balance short and long-term strategic choices
Demonstrate a global and enterprise-wide mindset
Education & experience requirements:
- Advanced degree (MS, MPH, PhD, MHA, MBA) in health economics, outcomes research or healthcare related field preferred.
- Minimum of 8 year’s experience in the healthcare industry and possess the ability to work from strategy development to execution and value creation in a dynamic organization.
- A strong understanding of medical delivery systems, reimbursement, market access conditions and health policy trends in major global markets is required.
- Solid knowledge of evidence needed to drive favorable reimbursement and market access is required.
- Experience leading health economic or outcomes research studies from concept through publication (including management of research vendors or consultants) preferred.
- Global experience highly desirable.
North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)
Health Economics R&D