Auris Health is hiring for a Sr. R&D Engineer located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
Sr. R&D Engineer will support the design and development of Disposables and
Accessories for the robotic surgical application. This engineer will work
closely with engineers from other teams to design and develop disposables and
accessories that meets clinical, user, and safety requirements.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Design and create prototypes of different types of disposables/accessories using internal or external prototyping capabilities.
• Provide hands-on, troubleshooting, process and manufacturing oversight internally and with our external contract manufacturers.
• Create design solutions utilizing engineering methods with good documentation processes; releasing design documentation through an ECO process.
• Establish individual goals consistent with overall project goals.
• Must be a self-starter and capable of working independently and within a team.
• Other related duties may be assigned
Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• BSME or similar required with 5 years’ experience.
• Experience and proficiency using CAD to design and document parts and assemblies. SolidWorks experience preferred. Experience with PDM and/or Agile EC a plus.
• Familiarity with making drawings and applicable drawing standards.
• Hands-on skills with the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Working knowledge of component manufacturing processes (such as molding, rapid prototyping, etc.)
• Understanding of component selection criteria, and design for reliability and manufacturability.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk
or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to
finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)