Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, JBIO Business Operations
Requisition ID: 3979180221
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director, Business Operations located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director, Business Operations will be responsible for leading a team that enables enable flawless execution on JBIO’s business infrastructure and operations including - G&O monitoring, financial planning and tracking, resource allocation, contracts management, and financial aspects of external partnering. This role will be responsible for developing strategies to build and execute on operational best practices that enable efficient and effective business operations. This individual will also partner with the Scientific Operations and External Partnering to execute on a forward-looking externalization strategy and to build a fully integrated internal/external capacity model. This individual must be able to lead cross functional teams to drive toward solutions and he/she must be a cultural role model. As a Director, Business Operations responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership for the business operations function driving excellence in, financial prudence, communication, business systems and contract management support within Janssen Biotherapeutics
- Alliance management: Advising, Identifying, tracking and managing financial aspects of various alliances
- JBIO resource management: Working with Lab operation groups identify resource gaps and build strategy to manage resourcing needs
- Scientific Advisory Boards: Assemble and enable consulting and advisors to support JBIO strategy
- Effectively build partnerships with senior leaders in JBIO and key business partner across JNJ enterprise to execute on strategic operational efforts
- As an SLT(Senior Leadership Team) member, partner with the Head of JBIO to drive SLT agendas, meetings, activities and communications
- Lead a team to develop systems and enabling processes that positively impact and add value to the activities of the internal and externally facing teams
- Partner with External Innovation group to execute on an externalization strategy
- To drive a culture of collaboration, increase transparency and communication
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in science or business
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Pharmaceutical R&D and/ or Biotech in a lead position within business operations and alliance management is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing cross functional teams is preferred
- Contract management experience is required
- Experience handling a complex budget is required
- Excellent and proven people leadership skills in a matrix environment is required
- Ability to successfully navigate complex situations to drive toward solutions is preferred
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, attention to detail and demonstrated success in a matrix environment is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time (Domestic/International) is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)