Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director of Engineering, Maintenance - Janssen Biotech, Inc
Requisition ID: 3976180221
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director of Engineering, Maintenance to be located in Malvern, PA aligned to Janssen Biotech, Inc.
For more than 30 years, Janssen Biotech, Inc. has delivered on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a rich legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech, Inc. pursues innovative solutions in the therapeutic areas of immunology, oncology, urology and nephrology. With the same unwavering passion for new challenges, we dedicate ourselves to delivering solutions for these disease states where unmet needs continue to exist. Rooted in rich scientific collaborations and community-based relationships, we have access to some of the top minds in science today, allowing us to advance the treatment of patients through our innovative medicines. Our discoveries lead us not only to new treatments, but also to new ways to empower patients and expand their access to quality care. For more about Janssen Biotech, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenbiotech.com.
- Provides leadership and direction for engineering and maintenance resources and activities.
- Partners with manufacturing and quality in the identification, definition, and execution of projects and delivers technical requirements for the launch of products as well as continuous improvement of the product's supply chain capabilities.
- Encourages and supports the identification and development of innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Technical lead integrated with GM and site LT as single point of contact for Facilities, Engineering & Maintenance.
- Combined responsibility for both Engineering and Maintenance on site.
- Coordinate Facilities on site, single point of contact for GM.
- Drive Engineering and Maintenance standards at site implementation.
- Portfolio planning and project execution for all projects on site.
- Responsible for IOQ on site.
- Responsible to enact EHS&S policies and procedures on site.
- Identifies, defines, and directs execution of projects driving innovative solutions and improvement for business units.
- Ensures that required documentation is completed and that process and procedural requirements are met.
- Ensures scope projection of tasks including compliance and quality improvement, cost reduction, cycle time reduction, capacity increase, raw material qualification, and launch preparation.
- Drive engineering project management and engineering to execute projects to PDP standards, ensure projects completed on time and on budget.
- Lead the site portfolio planning process and resource management activities.
- Ensure application of EHS&S policies and procedures (contractor safety, work permits, etc.)
- Manage priorities for local Maintenance organization: deliver to KPI/targets and timing on both business and standardization expectations.
- Manage resources for local maintenance organization including Insource/outsource and associated headcount, training/competency strategy and budget.
- Coordinate with EHS to ensure site compliance.
- Ensures that validation work is complete and accurate.
- Develops a tactical plan for future process engineering development in alignment with short-term and long-term company and business unit objectives.
- Technical and budgetary decisions for capital projects to ensure timely and correct execution.
- Technical and budgetary decisions for maintenance operations to ensure reliable and efficient operations.
- Establish regional plans and tactics to deliver on business objectives that result in fulfillment of company goals in technology/science, and in continued development of people/talent in their respective field.
- Provide proactive global cross functional collaboration to develop and ensure delivery of projects/programs required to achieve goals in technology/science.
- Originates programs and defines and strategies for action
- Strong management and technical skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in bridging technical and business disciplines, evaluating and determining appropriate risks.
- Leads at department level of organization.
- Provides consultation to colleagues and Management.
- Strong track record of developing others.
- Develop engineering and equipment standards where none exist.
- Creates innovative technical and business solutions where none exist or need revision, to realize company objectives aligned with business plan
- Understand/balance when to apply standards and when new technical and business solutions are needed.
- Documented success achieving company goals.
- Strong record of global collaboration ensuring completion of significant projects and people development.
- Creates innovative technical and business solutions to realize company objectives aligned with business plan.
- Tracks technology/industry trends.
- Steers collaboration with internal (manufacturing, quality, engineering) and external partners (A&E Firms and construction firms) to remove barriers, clarify roles and responsibilities, and coordinate and execute project plans.
- Prioritize facility issues to the site/regional Facility lead and serve as the single point of contact for the GM and LT for facility issues.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with at least 12 years of manufacturing experience, OR an MS/MBA/Ph.D. degree with a minimum of 9 years of manufacturing experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading or managing a team/direct reports in a matrixed environment is required.
- Ability create innovative technical and business solutions where none exist or need revision, to realize company objectives aligned with business plan is required.
- Experience working in a GMP Manufacturing or FDA regulated environment is required.
- Proven track record in Project Engineering/Management, managing business planning process and budgets is required.
- Travel of up to 20% both locally and/or internationally is required.
- Biologics Manufacturing industry experience is highly desired.
- PE Certification is preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Six Sigma Black Belt are preferred.
- Experience working with safety regulations is preferred.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)