Johnson & Johnson Careers
CAR-T Group Leader
Requisition ID: 3973180620
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a CAR-T Group Leader located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Utilizing highly specialized experience and knowledge, this position will be accountable for designing and executing research and development activities focused upon conceptualizing novel chimeric antigen receptor T-cell platforms and leading a team to execute on that vision. Key characteristics include, but are not limited to: Established record of leadership in an academic, biotech, or pharmaceutical setting; Ability to build a highly-efficient team capable of handling tight timelines and delivery of quality data; Extensive functional, laboratory-based CAR-T expertise; Independent thinker with ability to design, organize, and execute both short- and long-term research strategies; Highly-effective communicator capable of delivering data-based reports in all relevant formats.
- Build and mentor a group of diverse scientists to deliver on goals and timelines
- Must possess extensive working knowledge of T-cell biology including established T-cell lines, primary T-cells; ability to sort from mixed populations, phenotypically characterize, expand, and culture these cell types is essential
- Should possess a detailed knowledge of tumor immunology principles, technologies, and experimental techniques including expertise with cell-based assays and flow cytometry
- Demonstrate experience with gene-editing technologies including CRISPR, TALENs, transposons, and related applications; engineer CAR-T cells using transfection and/or viral transduction
- Use cutting-edge science and emerging developments to identify opportunities to deliver innovative best-in-class therapies
- Identify original solutions to key scientific challenges required for success
- Deliver reports, summaries, and presentations supporting experimental results
- Independently design and execute a strategic path for development of novel CAR-T entities
- Author patents, publications, or trade secrets
- A Ph.D. with at least 5 years of lab-based experience in the CAR T-cell field is required
- Experience with cell engineering, particularly T cell engineering is required
- Knowledge of currently-available and next-generation targeting technologies is preferred
- Must be wholly proficient with flow cytometry-based applications is required
- Independently propose, design, execute, and report research projects is preferred
- Established record of success leading small groups of research scientists is preferred
- Possess the ability to solve complex problems in a creative scientific fashion
- Top-notch collaborative and communication skills
- Foster a working environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)