Auris Health Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Sr Software Test Engineer, Robotics, located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family
of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements
in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is
building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of
robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
Auris is seeking for an experienced Sr. Software Test, Robotics to join dynamic, diverse and fast-growing team. The Test Software Engineer is a key member of a cross-functional team responsible for the development, transfer, and support of manufacturing processes for capital equipment and accessories. The test software engineer activities include the design, development, and verification of test software and hardware for manufacturing. Test software is targeted for production testing of for electronic and electromechanical robotic systems for both in-house and at contract manufacturing.
- Develop test software applications for production functional test of robotic systems.
- Write software for production test systems with an emphasis on programmable automated testing.
- Work with systems engineering on production test software algorithms during Design Verification Testing (DVT).
- Sustain test equipment and provide test system support for in house and contract manufacturers.
- Develop and update test instructions documentation.
- Must be able to interact with multidisciplinary teams; system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and manufacturing engineers.
- Write and/or approve Engineering Change Orders/Requests.
- Must be able to produce high quality documentation that is clearly understandable by internal and external personnel.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent engineer/science degree is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in test systems engineering in electronic hardware and/or electromechanical components is required.
- Experience with C++, Python or any other software-oriented programming required.
- Experience in developing test methods, techniques, plans, requirements, procedures, and reports required.
- Experience with automated testing and test script development required.
- Able to read schematics and perform moderate electrical circuit troubleshooting preferred.
- Experience working within a team environment and ability to take the lead role in test system ownership, development, deployment and support highly preferred.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks without close supervision.
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and manage on-time delivery.
- Exposure to best practices, i.e. lean manufacturing, continuous improvement is a plus.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving and communications (written and oral) skills.
- Project management experience is a plus
- This position will be based in Redwood City, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)