Auris Health, Inc., is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, Computer Graphics. This position is located in Redwood City, California.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on computer graphics in Advanced Development you will be designing and developing our stunning visual experiences for a real-time robot system. You will have the opportunity to investigate, prototype and implement novel solutions to achieve the high quality 3D graphics that improve patient safety. These are the graphics that empower the clinical staff to safely and effectively interact with the Auris robotic system. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who wants to help use revolutionize the world of medical robotics. Ideal candidate will have experience in one or more areas of computer graphics; areas may include rendering, mathematics, computational geometry, graphic frameworks and libraries or other graphic related technologies.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Work with software and other engineers (clinical, systems, mechanical, electrical) as part of a focused cross-functional team developing software for medical robotic applications.
- Lead team in development interactive 3D user interfaces and visualizations
- Design and implement user-facing 3D Graphics in C++ for a complex robotic system.
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews.
- A minimum of a bachelors degree in Computer Science with an emphasis on graphics or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience designing and developing user-facing applications with interactive 3D Graphics is required.
- Strong background in object oriented programming is required.
- Strong Proficiency with C++ programming and multi-threaded applications is required.
- Experience with computer graphic frameworks and libraries is required, including but not limited to OpenGL, DirectX, or Vulkan.
- Experience with mathematics, computational geometry, or other graphic related technologies is required.
- Experience writing graphics shaders in unity, OpenGL is required.
- Experience developing software for safety-critical applications.
- Experience in the medical device industry.
- Experience with real-time rendering systems
- Experience with the Visualization Toolkit (VTK)
- Familiarity in robot kinematics and dynamics
- This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- This position may require minimal travel outside the local area and overnight.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)