Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Virologist, Analytical Development
Requisition ID: 3961181008
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking to hire a highly energetic and collaborative scientist to join our Cell & Gene Therapy team. Specifically, we are recruiting a virologist that has a growing interest in viral-based therapeutics and gene delivery technologies. This highly energetic and innovative scientist will support the development of analytical test methods in support of characterization, release and stability testing of our viral vectors and oncolytic viruses. The individual will be responsible for:
- Providing virology expertise while serving as an analytical representative on cross-functional teams
- Supporting the establishment of viral vector and/or oncolytic virus analytical strategies
- Conducting methods development, qualification, validation and transfer activities
- Writing protocols, reports, and performing and coordinating testing to support manufacturing process development, process validations, and manufacturing investigations
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and prepare written protocols and reports in a GMP compliant manner
- Bachelor's degree in biology, immunology or other relevant scientific field, with at least 10 years of industry experience OR a Master's degree with at least 2 years of industry experience is required
- Advanced knowledge of virology and related analytical methodologies is required
- Experience handling multiple virus families and/or multiple viral vectors is preferred
- Hands on experience with TCID50, Plaque assays, Flow cytometry, and PCR/qPCR is required; Western blot and ELISA are preferred
- Familiar with cGMP requirements of biopharmaceutical manufacturing is preferred
- Some local travel is required (10-20%)
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)