Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Global Business Insights
Requisition ID: 3960190506
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Manager, Global Business Insights, located in Irvine, CA.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Biosense Webster, Cerenovus, Mentor, and Acclarent. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Electrophysiology, Aesthetics, and Neurovascular. The CSS Group is committed to delivering innovative products, solutions and programs to address unmet customer and patient needs around the world. Our customers and the patients they treat are our first priority and these values are reflected in Our Credo, which guides our daily decisions and actions. Our relentless commitment to Quality and the principles that define us in Our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones and continue to help us deliver significant growth year after year.
If you want to work with a dynamic team in a fast-paced, challenging and highly collaborative environment focused on delivering market-leading innovations worldwide, we invite you to learn more about the CSS Group and our Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Our therapies touch the lives of millions of patients every year and our robust and innovative pipeline continues to deliver on the promise of impacting even more patient lives. Be part of a growing organization that is focused on providing exciting opportunities for employees to expand their knowledge, skills and experience to help ensure continued career growth and development. Our commitment to developing our leaders is unwavering. Our investment in people, technology, and innovation make us one of the best places to work within one of the most admired corporations in the world.
This position is responsible for leading market research (primary and secondary) and competitive intelligence projects for Biosense Webster, the worldwide leader in electrophysiology.
Develops and executes primary and secondary market research strategies to support the marketing plans. Translates market research data and analyses into strategy recommendations that drive growth. Responsibilities focus on, but are not limited to industry and competitive analytics, market sizing and share reporting, and project management and process improvement activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate an ability to manage, create, influence and execute high-impact tactical and strategic marketplace understanding and learning plans, including primary and secondary research and strategic and tactical forecasting
- Demonstrate an ability to influence multiple stakeholders to ensure a high-level of team involvement in key business discussions
- Generates and presents consumer and marketplace insights on a global or regional scale to shape and influence business strategies.
- Utilizes business knowledge and research findings to influence marketing strategy and objectives.
- Complete analyses of secondary data and the appropriate utilization of these data sources in report writing, and presentations.
- Conducts special research projects to support further penetration of existing markets, the evaluation of new market opportunities, and to support new product development.
- Tests ideas, concepts, and new products as part of the pipeline development process.
- Provides support and leadership of various marketing efforts including sales support, distribution support, competitive intelligence, affiliate market research support, and business planning.
- Manages and develops staff, fostering and championing a high-performance environment and culture of collaboration and innovation
- Participate and/or lead Project Teams as assigned.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting, analysis and metrics to WW Sales Management relative to current business objectives. Based on report results, make independent judgment and present recommendations to Sales Leadership.
- Present analysis to support strategic decision making to individuals and/or special project teams.
- Troubleshoot data issues with appropriate teams; Provide timely and accurate response to questions.
- Interface with and influence shared service associates as required.
- Access necessary WW data utilizing available systems and designated ad hoc query tools.
- Provide timely and accurate response to questions and requests for reports and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Advanced Degree preferred (MBA, Masters, etc.)
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in primary and secondary market research, strategic insights, business analytics, or a related field is required.
- Experience in the medical device, hospital specialty, or healthcare field is preferred.
- Proven track record of working in a matrix environment where a high degree of collaboration is needed.
- Excellent personal leadership, collaboration, communication and analytical skills are required.
- Demonstrated success in creative problem solving and team partnership is required.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills are required.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills and project management skills are required.
- Able to work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines is required.
- Ability to understand, translate and integrate marketplace data and secondary data tools into actionable insights to drive decision-making is required.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with secondary market research tools/syndicated market data (DRG, GHX, HPIS, Provider databases) and techniques is preferred.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau required.
The role is based in Irvine, CA and will require up to 10% domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)