Johnson & Johnson Careers
SENIOR ELECTROMECHANICAL R&D ENGINEER
Requisition ID: 3954190904
Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for a Senior Electromechanical R&D Engineer. This position will be located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
As the electromechanical engineer, this individual will be responsible for design, development and testing of electromechanical assemblies/fixtures and electronic cables/harnesses for endoscopic imaging and vision devices, as well as support for the initial install base of system vision hardware. This position reports to the Manager, Vision Systems.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Design and develop optomechanical and electromechanical assemblies, test fixtures and electronic cables/harnesses
- Prepare design drawings, wiring diagrams, engineering specification documents, and assembly BOMs, releasing through ECO process
- Coordinate electrical/mechanical system integration activity with instrument, electrical and software engineers
- Write and execute functional, verification and validation tests
- Define requirements and participate in failure mode analyses
- Design test and manufacturing fixtures
- Prepare and manage engineering test protocols and reports according to external and internal standards
- Collaborate with other engineers, external consultants and design firms to assist in debugging and optimizing system performance
- Support install base vision system hardware through complaint investigations
- Assist in the preparation and review of patent applications
- Evaluate new technologies related to endoscopic Vision Systems
- Other related duties as may be assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- BSEE, BSME or a related discipline
- 5+ years of engineering experience, with specific experience in electromechanical assembly & test fixture development and cable/harness design & manufacturing
- Proven experience and proficiency using parametric solid modeling and CAD software to design and document parts and assemblies.
- SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Experience with PDM and/or Agile EC a plus
- Familiarity with making drawings using applicable drawing standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of component manufacturing processes (including machining, sheet metal, rapid prototyping, injection molding, etc.)
- Mechanical design and analysis skills including statics, dynamics, kinematics, strength of materials and stress analysis.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, assembly drawings and wire lists
- Ability to use measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers and scales
- Experience with mechanical characterization metrology systems (Instron, optical comparator, etc.)
- Proficient in operating oscilloscopes, multimeters, laboratory power supplies, etc.
- Experience with troubleshooting electronic systems
- Hands-on experience for PCB assembly, SMD soldering and rework, and cable assembly
- Must be a self-starter and fast learner; work efficiently both independently and within a cross-functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required – must be able to write clear protocols, reports, papers, proposals, etc., and efficiently discuss the same with other scientists, engineers, and customers
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- MSEE or MSME and at least 3+ years industry experience
- Scripting and quantitative analysis in Python or MATLAB
- Experience with camera and illumination system electronics design and development
- Experience with designing hardware products in an FDA or other regulated industry; comfortable with concepts of design input, design output, traceability, and risk analysis
- Familiarity with IEC-60601-1 and other relevant standards
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)