DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Maintenance Team Leader.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
You, the Maintenance Team Leader will be responsible for leading the Maintenance Department for the site. The individual will provide leadership and guidance to a number of maintenance personnel charged with maintaining and improving the equipment performance and services in the plant. This person is also responsible for ensuring that the maintenance activities within the plant meet regulatory requirements including safety and FDA regulations.
• Support the company’s short cycle manufacturing program, by ensuring minimum response times to equipment breakdowns, and achievement of world class MTTR and MTTF metrics.
• Drive the performance management process and the day to day people management activities including training and development of team members.
• Responsible for the execution of the reactive, preventive and autonomous maintenance programs.
• Responsible for the asset life cycle management.
• Schedules maintenance resources to maximize business performance.
• Supports the Implementation and upkeep of the J&J Maintenance excellence program.
• Coordinates both planned and unplanned maintenance as per business needs.
• Responsible for management and execution of maintenance related work orders, including data integrity of related information management systems.
• Responsible for the up to date technical documentation of the factory assets including record keeping of TPM system, computer maintenance system and maintenance logs.
• Monitor all work and authorize close off of all business unit work orders.
• Responsibility for maintenance budgeting and costing within the business unit.
• Coordinate maintenance responsibilities in specific business unit project work.
• Management of all required external contractors, service companies and suppliers for Maintenance.
• Set-up and Management of detailed technical files and machine history logs for all equipment.
• Creation and maintenance of spare part and consumables requirements and PM schedules in conjunction with manufacturing engineers and technicians.
• Support J&J Maintenance Excellence strategy to enable achievement of goals and objectives. Promote an environment of continuous improvement and innovation in line with lean thinking and Maintenance Excellence.
• Selection and implementation of appropriate maintenance approaches in consultation with VT Maintenance
• Support projects on new product & process development, continuous improvement focused.
• Ensure compliance to all aspects of the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are maintained and ensure employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
• Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the GMP requirements maintained by the Company.
• Ensure all hazardous and non-hazardous materials are disposed of in accordance with company procedures as well as the safe & efficient operation of equipment onsite.
• Responsible for maintaining and upgrading Maintenance work instructions and forms.
• Interfaces daily with plant management team to determine Maintenance priorities. Balances immediate needs of equipment repair with long-term preventative maintenance requirements and other maintenance requirements.
• Is aware of the latest practices and techniques through membership in appropriate associations and attendance at seminars.
• Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer. Promote and cultivate the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in engineering science or equivalent
• A minimum five (5) years’ experience in running machine maintenance in a manufacturing environment
• General Skills and expertise related to Maintenance activities
• Project planning and execution experience
• Experience and ownership utilizing computerized maintenance management systems
• A minimum of five (5) years demonstrated people leadership skills
• This position may require up to 10% domestic and international travel
• Budgeting and Planning experience in a maintenance function
• Demonstrable levels of theoretical knowledge with practical application
• Relevant working knowledge of a regulated industry
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)