Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Biomarker Signatures - San Diego, CA
Requisition ID: 3934190506
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Biomarker Signatures to be located in La Jolla, CA.
Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Scientist, Biomarker Signatures will be a member of the Neuroscience Biomarkers team and will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting biomarker data related to the Mood Disorder and Neurodegenerative Disease areas, with an emphasis on genetic and epigenetic biomarkers. Responsibilities also include assessing and validating new biomarker technologies.
The position will focus on identifying and validating biomarker signatures aimed at diagnosis & staging, stratification, therapy response, and relapse prediction, using genetics and epigenetics data, fluid biomarkers, “omics” - phenotype associations, and neuro-functional measurements.
The Senior Scientist, Biomarker Signatures will provide input and results to Mood and Neurodegeneration biomarker experts in therapeutic discovery, clinical translation and clinical development.
S/he will work with internal and external collaborators/partners/CROs, to develop and validate biomarker signatures for mood disorders and Neurodegeneration. S/he will interface internally with Project Scientists and Laboratory Personnel and interact outside of the immediate group with Scientists in Neuroscience Discovery, Quantitative Sciences, Experimental Medicine and Clinical Development, RA/QA, Safety, Finance, Purchasing, and Contracting. S/he will interface externally with Life science and instrument vendors, academic researchers, collaborators, and KOL’s.
- A Ph.D. degree in pharmacology/biology/biomedical engineering/genetics and genomics or related fields is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- On-the-job experience with the identification and/or use of DNA, RNA, and/or epigenetic markers of disease, ideally in combination with other phenotypes such as neuroimaging is preferred.
- The ability to carry out data processing and analysis in addition to knowledge of statistical inference techniques and machine learning are a strong plus.
- Experience with establishing & validating biomarker links to phenotypes, and application in drug discovery, translation and clinical development in NS is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong publication record are required.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills are required.
- The position is located at our office site in La Jolla, CA and may require <20% travel.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)