Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Scientist, Data Sciences
Requisition ID: 3924171103
The Data Sciences IT department is currently recruiting an outstanding Senior Scientist. This position can be located in Titusville, NJ, Raritan, NJ, Springhouse PA, or La Jolla CA. If based in NJ or PA, weekly travel to other NJ/PA sites will be required. Additional travel up to 15% may be required.
the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson.
We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and
services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Data Sciences.
The senior scientist will be designing, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct impact to patients and Janssen. Our department spans across the entire value chain at Janssen Pharmaceuticals from discovery to after launch and supply chain. This will enable the scientist to work with various business units to help identify viable data mining opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end to end data analytical solutions. There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this drives the excitement and passion of data scientists at Janssen as many business units are eager to leverage the data to create business value. The Senior Scientist will be someone who stays on the cutting edge of data mining research by doing novel research to influence decisions at various levels in the organization. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. The Senior Scientist, Data Sciences will be part of a dynamic, accomplished informatics team that will support multiple business areas.
The successful candidate will partner with colleagues in Research, Development, Commercial, Medical and Informatics to develop, implement, and apply state-of-the art scientific algorithms and methods for key J&J business functions. Will invent and implement creative solutions that go beyond current tools to deliver best solutions to the problems. Will participate and lead internal and external project teams, elicit needs, and act in a primary role as a trusted primary business and scientific partner. Will conceive and develop end to end data mining solutions to support Janssen’s business units and initiatives.
- Serve as an expert resource supporting one or more areas such as Commercial, HEOR, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Business Development.
- Integrate complex, high-dimensional data and analyze data sets using high performance computing and advanced algorithms as required.
- Lead as a Business Analyst for moderate to large projects, programs, or initiatives of varying complexity across the franchise or enterprise.
- Manage relationships across IT, legal and finance functional areas; may contribute/perform analyses on health care data sets with business partners.
- Work effectively as part of a team and solve complex or unusual problems in consideration of the potential impact.
- Negotiate the needs of multiple users or business partners; balance between business needs and Data Sciences and IT standards and strategies to guide well-informed decisions.
- Apply compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provides documentation as necessary, and participate in compliance activities as required.
- Strong understanding of the current and future state technology and applications
- Advanced knowledge of the business processes in one of the key areas Commercial, R&D, Supply Chain
- Understanding of the business impact of different solutions, and the ability to assess and communicate the tradeoffs between business needs, technology requirements, costs, and risk.
- Understanding of departmental budgets and the ability to allocate resources accordingly.
- Understanding of the company’s strategic vision and future products, services, and strategies globally; ability to identify and recover any troubled projects or programs.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- An advanced degree (PhD or MD) with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline or Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Strong understanding of research and development or commercial in the healthcare sector is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as decision trees, deep learning and neural networks, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression is required.
- Familiarity with large datasets, handling of biomedical datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows is preferred and experience in the handling and analysis of real world evidence data is preferred.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as Python, .net, Java, Perl, C++ is required.
- Experience with statistics, analysis and visualization software packages such as R, MatLab, SAS, Python or other analytical tools is required.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson &Johnson Family of Companies
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
North America-United States-California-La Jolla, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)