Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Analyst, State Tax Planning, Policy & Audits located in Titusville, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Analyst, State Tax Planning, Policy & Audits will be responsible for understanding, quantifying and communicating the state tax implications of proposed business and/or tax law changes; identifying tax risks or exposures and suggesting alternatives; leading multiple state income & franchise tax audits for both separate and unitary states; quantifying, documenting and reporting state tax reserve needs; collaborating with the tax compliance group to ensure tax return positions align with past audit agreements and are supportable for future audits; and recommending or leading identified process improvements projects.
• Understanding business models and nexus footprint of assigned sector or businesses to identify risks and opportunities
• Determining state tax implications of proposed transactions, restructurings and state tax law changes for assigned states
• Management of multiple state income & franchise tax audits including meetings and negotiation with auditors, written communications and thorough documentation
• Responding to audit inquiries by gathering and validating data, researching applicable tax law & case support and composing responses
• Providing guidance to direct tax compliance team to ensure audit outcomes and planning strategies are implemented into current tax filings with proper support
• Helping to drive efficiencies through standardization & use of technology to streamline processes and ensure consistency
• Participating on project improvement teams and special projects as needed
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required
• CPA, MBA or Masters in Tax is desirable
• A minimum of 3 years of experience is required
• State Tax compliance and audit experience preferred
• Large multi-state corporation tax experience preferred
• Strong research, writing and analytical skills preferred
• Proactive individual with strong leadership, influencing and collaboration skills with ability to partner at all levels
• Ability to effectively communicate technical matters in clear simple language to business partners
• Ability to learn and share new technology tools and documentation standards
• The position is based in Titusville, NJ.
• Travel 0-10%
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)