Johnson & Johnson Careers
Virology Senior Scientist (Team Manager), Analytical Development
Requisition ID: 3916181005
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking to hire a highly energetic and collaborative senior scientist to manage and lead our virology analytical development team. We are recruiting a virologist that has a growing interest in viral-based therapeutics and gene delivery technologies. This highly energetic and innovative scientist will support the development of analytical test methods in support of characterization, release and stability testing of our viral gene therapy products. The individual will be responsible for:
- Supporting cell and gene therapy analytical development activities
- Supervising a team of analytical scientists in a GMP laboratory environment
- Providing virology expertise, while serving as an analytical representative on cross-functional teams
- Supporting the establishment of viral vector and/or oncolytic virus analytical strategies
- Support methods development, qualification, validation and transfer activities, writing protocols, reports, and performing and coordinating testing to support manufacturing process development, process validations, and manufacturing investigations
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and prepare written protocols and reports in a GMP compliant manner
- Accurate capture of data in a timely manner and entry into appropriate systems, including maintenance of detailed records in compliance with applicable cGMP, safety, and environmental requirements is expected and the successful candidate will ensure data integrity and protocol compliance
- PhD in cell biology, virology or immunology with at least 3 years of relevant industry experience is required, or a Master’s degree with at least 10 year of relevant experience is required
- Line management experience, supervising direct reports is required
- CMC experience is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of virology and related analytical methodologies is required
- Experience handling multiple virus families and/or multiple viral vectors is preferred
- Hands on experience with plaque assays, titer assays, flow cytometry, PCR/qPCR, and/or ELISA is required
- Familiar with cGMP requirements of biopharmaceutical manufacturing is preferred
- Experience with analytical method development for a variety of cell-based bioassays, binding assays and/or residual impurity assays is preferred
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)