Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 3907190503
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
You will lead a team of skilled individuals to maintain a high quality, cost effective and reliable calibration program for equipment used across the site and ensure that required calibrations and maintenance are performed in a timely manner. You will implement continuous improvement initiatives and projects; lead in-depth troubleshooting and root cause analysis diagnostics and you will liaison with other functional groups including Engineering, Maintenance, Operations, Labs, QA, R&D and Facilities. All duties are performed in compliance with cGxP, J&J Corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety and any other applicable requirements.
Health & Safety
• Operate in, and ensure team members and contractors operate in compliance with all company safety policies and practices including all protective equipment
• Identify and report unsafe conditions / near misses and accidents, and review and investigate where required
• Verify that guarding is in place, interlocks are in working condition at all times and apply lock out procedures to equipment during repair
• Escort and ensure that outside service personnel assigned to their area comply with company safety and cGMP requirements
• Supported to be active member of Joint Health and Safety Committee
• Act as a mentor and coach in functional area
• Assist management through change and transformation activities
• Facilitate departmental meetings and may assist in the coordination of other scheduled meetings. In absence of management, attend meetings on his/her behalf
• Continuously demonstrate all GLP values; specifically: integrity and credo based actions, self-awareness and adaptability, results and performance driven, organization and talent development, and collaboration and teaming. Demonstrated behaviors include: fairness, honesty, consistent and ethical behaviors, empathy and collaboration
• Foster, contribute and support an environment that fosters diversity and inclusion
• Develop a climate of open communication, engagement and ownership within team
• Build cross-functional working relationships
• Provide feedback to site management
• Support strategic and tactical plans in alignment with site's mission and plans.
• Participate in company initiatives and programs
• Work occasionally with production to ensure equipment is functioning correctly
• Encourage and support team members with their project initiatives, including timely review and feedback on project initiatives
• Communicate whereabouts to team to ensure ease of contacting if issues arise
• Assist and collaborate in cross-training and coaching of team members
• Adhere to strict compliance with procedures applicable to the role.
• Exercise the highest level of integrity in the tasks performed
• Adopt a behaviour of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time
• Participate on cross-functional project taskforces and support the development of project timelines
• Review, understand and adhere to company policies, GMP’s, SOP’s, Change Controls, Incident Database, equipment maintenance forms, drawing control
• Demonstrate the ability to utilize the change control and incident databases including timely implementation of corrective action
• Actively participate in team and department meetings, daily communication with Maintenance Manager
• Review equipment and complete maintenance / calibration records on CCMS
• Daily review of all PM/Calibration logs to ensure they are complete and accurate and that any issues / gaps are highlighted immediately to the Maintenance Manager
• Report any problems to the Maintenance Manager caused by components not meeting specifications
• Provide accurate details to support staff for parts ordering
Initiate and timely completion of:
• Drawing updates for any changes made to the equipment
• Calibrations / PM: completion and documentation
• SOP’s & maintenance and Calibration procedures annual review/update
• Projects, team goals, capital requests or change controls
• Develop and submit for approval new procedures, process improvements and replacement parts requirements when operating conditions change, or when new equipment is introduced
• Ensure PM/calibration programs and sourcing of supplies are executed
As required, assist engineering:
• During the planning and implementation of projects
• Trouble shooting and problem analysis of various packaging and manufacturing processes, when required
The Calibration Leader will be responsible for daily allocation and delegation of PM and Calibration and Demand work requests.
• Successful completion of training and performs routine maintenance and set-up to be considered proficient for each piece of equipment, contacting supplier if required
• Responsible for work area cleanliness and compliance to the standard operating procedures when completing any work (regular PM, repairs)
• Monitor and completes special projects (eg. annual PM, installation/evaluation of new and /or modified equipment, experimental programs, etc.)
• Develop written recommendations for implementing functional/ procedural changes when required
• Responsible for coordination of service technicians from outside companies
• Contact and coordinate external contractors for both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of equipment.
• Coordinate repairs to equipment.
• Performs IQ/OQ/PQ for new or modified equipment.
• PM system for the R&D laboratories.
• Ensures proper documentation through maintenance notifications in the PM system.
• Participates on cross-functional project taskforces and supports the development of project timelines.
• Coordinates team member and supplier activities in support of project requirements and deadlines.
• Provide technical support to manufacturing
• Maintains Pilot Lab equipment and infrastructure
• Report Key Performance Indicator in a daily, Monthly and quarterly basis
• Update Maintenance and Calibration procedures and/or Frequency applying SOP
• Lead Root Cause Problem Solving process
• Non-Conformance investigation and Action Plans.
• Review and approve Calibration procedures
• Update and Lead Calibration Dashboard and Governance Model
• Execution of RCPS
• Maintain proficiency through individual study effort, and review of available technical data
• Assist with the diagnosing and correcting all mechanical problems with equipment
• Call for assistance from others (eg Mechanics, Engineering) in a timely fashion to maintain high productivity levels
Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Support
• Support of PAS-X MES for Processing
• Ensure new products are properly defined in PAS-X
• Execution of BOM updates
• Minimum Bachelor degree is required. Business or Engineering degree preferred.
• MBA degree an asset.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ professional experience within cGMP environment.
• SAP or Maximo PM systems experience is an asset.
• Proven ability to work within a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong process knowledge as it relates to pharmaceuticals manufacturing.
• Supervisory experience is an asset.
• Employee Orientation
• cGMP knowledge
• Understanding and use of Microsoft Office and Maximo
• Cross functional team activity. Must have the ability to build relationships across departments to lead and deliver business results
• Ability to work in a high demand environment with multiple priorities
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)