Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Data Sciences & Analytics
Requisition ID: 3904180221
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Director, Data Sciences & Analytics to join our Johnson & Johnson Enterprise Data Analytics team and help us bring innovation to life and help advance the health and well-being of people around the world, through ideas, products and services.
We are one of only two industrial companies to hold a AAA Credit Rating. With our forward-thinking business practices, commitment to diversity and inclusion, smart management and social responsibility—as noted by our tenure in Fortune World’s Most Admired company list for the 16th year in a row, and appearing in the top 20—we are well positioned to transform Technology & Analytics to help innovate faster and compete more effectively, making science and technology equal partners in building the future of Johnson & Johnson.
The Director, Data Sciences & Analytics is an important, integral part of the transformation within J&J Enterprise Data Analytics team. The position is responsible for analyzing commercial outcomes and providing insights throughout the product lifecycle across marketing and sales functions (including pricing analytics, market mix modeling, trade promotions, revenue growth management, customer experience improvement, business development and other initiatives.). This individual will be responsible for developing analytical prototypes and scalable analytical “solutions” to provide competitive advantage to J&J in the healthcare space – and will be a part of a dynamic and growing team. This role will also be responsible for bringing a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary and learning and deploying leading technologies in the analytics space specific to the business needs to drive results and identify opportunities. This individual will drive business impact by solving unique problems through keen and creative mathematical analysis, continuous improvement methodologies and change management in a cross functional organization. This individual will also partner with assigned value chain, marketing, sales and technology core team members to define the business opportunity, define the data analytics requirements, develop analytical models, share insights and influence decision making.
The Director, Data Sciences & Analytics will transform how analytics drives business outcomes. At the core of our business strategy is the value of reliable, real-time data - “the great equalizer” - and insights that come out of the data using Advanced Analytics. Our ability to leverage cognitive, diagnostic and predictive skills to drive speed and agility in our supply chain will give us competitive edge. Accelerated adoption of bleeding edge machine learning analytics embedded in the operational workflow is crucial to achieving our goals.
• Articulate analytics proposition to business stakeholders, and collaborates to identify use case opportunities.
• Support analytics design decisions by taking relevant inputs from business team and defining clear plan for analytics team; push analytics teams to confirm assumptions, extract relevant insights and to interpret the models and outputs.
• Partner end-to-end with business teams, from identification and prioritization of problems to communication of end results within the business, ensuring and measuring business value of results.
• Lead communication of analytics outputs with executives; acts as bridge between management and analytics specialists; Share insights with business stakeholders and collect inputs.
• Guide analytics team to develop right visualizations for presenting results.
• Master’s in STEM or related discipline, e.g. statistics, operations research, computer science, mathematics and 7 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field (Data analyst or Scientist), OR Ph.D. in STEM related field and 3 years of experience is required.
• A minimum of 3 years of industry experience solving business problems through application of quantitative analytic approaches is required.
• Strong domain knowledge in business is required.
• Strong willingness to learn new hard and soft skills, and develop new professional capabilities is required.
• Strong communication with experience in working with senior management and cross functional teams is required.
• Proven thought leadership on challenging problems with examples of implementing innovative analytic solutions and driving outstanding results is required.
• High-energy and passionate outlook to the role and a strong sense of ownership is required.
• Experience with data modelling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured analytical solutions is required.
• Experience with data engineering and data analysis algorithms including machine learning techniques such as decision trees, neural networks, clustering, regression, Bayesian models etc. is required.
• Strong aptitude for application of mathematics and quantitative methods to business problems is required.
• Proven experience in computer science or coding (any language) is required.
• Preferred experience in ‘digital native’ company applying real-time advanced machine learning analytics, artificial intelligences, and/or natural language processing based methods throughout operational workflows is required.
• This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 30% domestic and/or international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)