Johnson & Johnson Careers
Solution Manager – Windchill PLM
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 3900181005
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for Solution Manager – Windchill PLM, located in West Chester, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 134,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
This position will have management accountability for the Solution strategy and integration across the Windchill PLM platform. Serves as global visionary and strategist for the PLM solution within Windchill. Understands industry trends and strategies to ensure solution insights, direction, vendors, and methods implemented are class leading and innovative. Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software designs. Solves complex or unusual problems in consideration of the potential impacts and presents recommendations to business and IT leaders. Accountable for solution strategy communication artifacts which aid communication of solutions and principles. Drives solutions towards standard functionality in order to reduce total cost of ownership. Manages and directs other solution architecture and configuration resources.
Utilizes knowledge of business process, project management, computer software and hardware to analyze, design, implement and test information technology in the PLM, PDM, CAD, CAM, CAE (PLM/CAx) domain. Identifies technology enablers that support continuous improvement within PLM/CAx enabled business processes. Researches, identifies and promotes technology solutions that enable business objectives. Develops task estimates, activity plans, forecasts, and project estimates associated with assigned functional area(s). Recommends cost saving solutions and implementation plans. Leads development team members which meet quality standards and business requirements within time constraints and budget. Provides status reports and documentation to information technology and business partners. Supports the department by ensuring project orders are placed, including vendor contracts as required. Solves day-to-day project-based business issues. Collaborates with the product owner, scrum master, business users, project managers and vendor resources to define technical requirements and specifications. Processes suggestions and ideas for process improvement. Leads system development projects and improvements using leading practices such as the Agile software development methodology.
The duties and responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Backlog Grooming, Solution planning and design including functional requirements, user stories, functional design and architecture
• Lead software development using the Agile methodology (new projects & sustaining)
• Develop key functional areas and critical modules
• Lead and Mentors other development team members
• Manage Quality & Compliance documentation for PLM/CAx systems software as assigned
• Complete Training assignments & Personal Development Plan as agreed
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. Preferably in Engineering or Computer Science.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience supporting R&D, Supply Chain and/or Quality organizations is required.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience leading projects is required.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience with development and configuration of Windchill PLM is required.
• Experience in GxP systems and Computer System Validation in a regulated environment is preferred.
• Core Modules & Advanced modules such as; Product Configuration, Doc Management, Requirements Management, CAD Data Management, Change Management are preferred.
• Experience with the following interfaces: CAD, MS Office, Active Directory, ERP and other systems are preferred.
• Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) practices is required; waterfall and Agile.
• Experience with software configuration managements tools is required.
• Experience leading teams and managing direct reports is required.
• Expert communication skills at the executive level is required.
• Training & Certification in PLM/CAx applications such as PTC Windchill and ThingWorx are preferred.
• Project Management skills including project planning, work estimating techniques and/or status reporting is required.
• This position is located in West Chester, PA and requires up to 5% domestic and/or international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)