Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Project Manager
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 3896190904
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. is hiring a Manufacturing Project Manager in Fort Washington, PA.
The Project Manager will plan, manage, and direct the administration and implementation of assigned projects as required for the development and manufacture of the Company’s products and where appropriate. Identify and execute against strategic initiatives within the site.
• Ensure that the performance goals of the teams are driven by measurable milestones and achievements – hold team accountable to these goals.
• Ensures that quality and compliance in are followed in all actions.
• Manages the site project portfolio including business and long-range forecast planning.
• When needed will function as the Continuous Improvement Program site lead managing providing the overall governance of the continuous improvement projects for the site.
• Attends GMP trainings on the schedule designated for the role and as appropriate for the role.
• Adheres to strict compliance with procedures applicable to the role.
• Exercises the highest level of integrity in the tasks performed.
• In a timely and prompt manner, identifies, reports and seeks correction for deviations noted in the workplace.
• Adopts a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time.
• Ensures employees under the scope of responsibility are trained in required procedures for the execution of their role and maintains current with training requirements during the year.
• Promotes an environment of employee involvement in the workplace.
• Seeks prompt identification, reporting and correction of deviations in the workplace as noted by employees.
• Assures trainings in the assigned tasks have been delivered prior to execution.
• Acts in accordance to the principles expressed in Our Credo and the Quality Statement in all negotiations and activities within and outside the company and assures these are met.
• Supports the Consent Decree Work Plan activities as required.
• Accountable for achieving the targeted project key performance indicators.
• Coordinate with team to prepare appropriations requests and secures approval.
• Liaise with the other Cross Functional Operations and QA Management at Healthcare sites and other plants to identify best practices.
• Clarifies project benefits, scope, timeline, investments, resources and final objectives.
• Demonstrates considerable knowledge/expertise in leading supply chain projects (preferably pharmaceutical).
• Applies FPX and DMAIC methodologies and tools to effectively and efficiently manage projects.
• Applies Process Excellence methodologies and tools in conducting root cause analysis and determining lean and innovative solutions.
• Works with sponsor to secure project core team members and ensure completion of Personnel Change Notice (PCN) for proper allocation of resource time and cost.
• Establishes roles and responsibilities for core team members and motivates them to be fully accountable in delivering final project objectives.
• Leads core team through regular core team meetings capturing and communicating decisions and action items.
• Manages competing project constraints: scope, quality, risk, time, cost to meet schedule and financial commitments.
• Coaches core team in the application of Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques in organizing their work to meet these constraints.
• Coaches core team members, sponsors, and stakeholders on the FPX and DMAIC project management disciplines.
• Manages risk by leading core team in the identification and mitigation of project risks throughout project.
• Drives, monitors and routinely communicates project schedule, risks and financials with project sponsor and stakeholders.
• Closes project, recognizes success and conducts and communicates lessons learned.
• Ensures that work adheres to established operating procedures, cGMP and safety regulations adhering to company work standards.
• Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance of information in portfolio management tool (currently INSTANTIS).
• Responsible for Capital portfolio management related to specific projects, this includes supplier bidding process, selection and administration of PO and Invoicing.
• Actively participate in Functional Leadership, Project Management Office and National Project Management committees.
• Actively participates with business planning and long-range forecast planning
• Responsible for Continuous Improvement function when needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or related field
• 8 years manufacturing experience, preferably in a cGMP environment.
• 6 years previous Project Management experience in GMP product manufacturing plant environment
• Proven record of leading project teams & delivering results
• Experience with standard PM tools and templates
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize requests, propose effective cost/customer service alternatives and confidently address issues affecting the business
• Experience using Process Excellence Methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, Design Excellence, Dashboards)
• Ability to provide training and present moderately to highly complex information to all levels of the organization both formally and informally
• Ability to handle ambiguity
• Microsoft Project or other applicable software applications experience
• Master’s degree or MBA or other advance degree
• Must be comfortable in a manufacturing/packaging shop floor setting
• Strategic planning experience
• Training in FPX or PMP
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington-
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)