Johnson & Johnson Careers
SENIOR DIRECTOR, BTL DEPUY SYNTHES R&D
Requisition ID: 3890190111
Medical Devices, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Director, Business Technology Lead Depuy Synthes R&D. This position can be located in Raynham, MA or West Chester, PA and reports to the VP Medical Devices Global R&D Business Technology.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Medical Devices represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the MD organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
The global Medical Devices R&D JJT (Johnson & Johnson Technology) organization works closely with the R&D organization and innovation groups to deliver innovative technology solutions to advance product development and medical device solutions to transform global health. R&D JJT is a purpose driven team with a vibrant culture.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Director, Business Technology Lead (BTL) for Depuy Synthes will be responsible for defining and implementing the information technology strategy for the Depuy Synthes R&D group. He/she will serve as a primary point of contact for individuals in Depuy Synthes R&D, partner with the leadership teams and will take end-to-end accountability of all IT solutions and services for Depuy Synthes R&D. He/she will be responsible for understanding trends, customer demands & opportunities. They will be responsible for developing technology as a competitive advantage and key enabler for Depuy Synthes R&D. This individual should be a strong communicator, a passionate change agent and have a good understanding about the challenges and opportunities of R&D in Medical Devices. In addition to working closely with the Depuy Synthes business, the BTL also takes responsibility for working with the digital R&D COE on creating digital capabilities and owns key capabilities in roadmaps in the areas of labs and employee productivity.
- Collaborates closely with business partners in Depuy Synthes R&D to define technology strategy that maximizes business value and act as the primary point of contact for Depuy Synthes R&D
- Works with business partners to define priorities for business and associated technology investments leveraging product line organization and IT shared services, effectively manages investments to maximize value
- Collaborates closely with members of the R&D Digital COE to drive digital products
- Takes ownership of implementation and roadmaps of key capabilities in areas such as laboratory systems and employee collaboration tools
- Drives the implementation of key initiatives and projects in area of responsibility by ensuring appropriate business engagement, involving the right stakeholders, ensuring organizational readiness, clearing roadblocks and securing funding
- Accountable for delivery and operational IT expense
- Understands and drives core internal IT products and new technologies and approaches to drive business value
- Connects with external stakeholders to gather insights, identify best practices and drive collaborative opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, engineering or business administration, master’s degree preferred
- 5 years experience in a business-facing IT management role required
- 8+ years broad experience in a technology related role required
- 3 years experience with IT in R&D
- Deep understanding of business drivers/processes and ability to relate priorities to associated technology investments
- Experience working across multiple levels of an organization is required
- Knowledge of technology trends (e.g., digital, big data) and demonstrated ability to translate these technology trends in successful initiatives within an R&D context is required
- Expertise driving adoption of IT solutions with business stakeholders is required
- Experience being a member of a business leadership team is required
- Strong business partnering and negotiation skills
- Business experience in R&D or evidence generation strongly preferred
- Ability to express R&D needs towards a wide variety of stakeholders globally
- Ability to influence others that are not in your direct control required
- Ability to balance the need for standardization and enterprise thinking with the specific needs and challenges in R&D functions
- Previous experience driving technology strategy for a line of business required
- Able to synthesize leadership and stakeholder inputs into decisions
- Able to represent customers/users
- Can translate business process needs into IT solutions required
- Has ability to work at an abstract level and continuously “pivot” to arrive at the highest impact answer for the customer
- Strong collaboration skills with a variety of stakeholders in business and IT
- Ability to work effectively and build strong relationships in a virtual environment
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Business Relationship Management