Johnson & Johnson Careers
Health Tech Strategy and Business Operations Director, Global External Innovation
San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 3890181005
Johnson & Johnson is the leading health and well-care company in the world, touching over a billion people per day. While our people, brand, scientific and manufacturing expertise, and extensive ecosystem relationships are second to none, our ambitious mission to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity will require bold, innovative applications of technology.
The Health Technology team is a new group based in San Francisco, CA (with presence at the company’s headquarters in New Brunswick, NJ), created to drive strategic adoption of technology across J&J. The team is comprised primarily of experienced operating leaders from successful technology companies (e.g. Google, Dropbox, LinkedIn), and partners with commercial and R&D leaders to identify opportunities to use technology to address health challenges at global scale. The team also develops the strategic and operational plans around those opportunities and executes the applicable product, program, partnership, investment and acquisition needs. Health Tech is comprised of 4 main sub-teams: Strategy & Business Operations, Partnerships & Corporate Development, Software Engineering, and Product.
The Health Tech Strategy team is looking hire a Strategy and Business Operations Director to help drive Global External Innovation (GEI). You are responsible for owning program start-up and execution activities to help execute on J&J’s ambitious goal of substantially improving human health at global scale. While focusing on the user need, you should embody a “think big” attitude, be scrappy and can make progress in the face of obstacles. You are on the front line of helping GEI develop strategies that are inclusive of technology and to help bring innovation to global health challenges. Your knowledge of driving strategy, user-centric focus, nimble execution skills, collaborative facilitation and cross-functional team leadership will help shape solutions that touch billions of lives. In this role you will partner with our VP of Health Tech Strategy to drive insights and make recommendations to help GEI, J&J's Lung Cancer Initiative (LCI) and our new TB initiative use technology to drive better outcomes. You will help drive operationalization of strategies that lead to reduction in lung cancer cases, TB cases, and other prevalent health challenges that are cross-sector and require multi-disciplinary approaches to solve. You will collaborate closely with the leaders of GEI, LCI, the Tuberculosis initiative and external health entities to understand the landscape of the disease and develop user centric hypotheses to help prevent new cases or stop them earlier. In addition to developing strategy around deploying digital solutions, you'll play a first-hand role in helping figure out how to get these products to market and ensure they gain traction to make the overall initiative successful. You’ll also collaborate on product strategy and play a first-hand role in driving new technology to launch and adoption.
The role will be based in San Francisco, CA.
* Partner with VP of Health Tech Strategy to develop a strategic framework for technology advancement and adoption for the prevention and interception of lung cancer
* Gather and synthesize relevant data, lead analyses, and develop final recommendations around strategic and operational technology initiatives
* Facilitate development of key components including vision, key milestones, competitive analysis and identification of business model enhancements leading to a sustainable competitive advantage
* Bring insights and analytics to respond to external marketplace trends across the broader technology landscape – new technology, pricing, segmentation and opportunities for revenue growth
* Drive operational excellence and flawless execution across the business, hitting or surpassing metrics
* Partner with other members of the Health Tech team (Partnerships and Product), and teams across the J&J enterprise to develop and launch an impactful solution
* Persuasively communicate actionable strategy recommendations to relevant business units and executive management across the broader organization
* Be an agent for change and move teams to action; develop plan and implement strategic recommendations and initiatives to drive technology adoption and use
A minimum of 10-15 years in management consulting, strategic planning or investment banking is required.
* Prior operating experience in a digital or technology company is required.
* Comfort working with external entities to craft strategies that are mutually beneficial and drive public health is required.
* Understanding of machine learning technologies also a plus.
* Ability to drive complex, cross-functional projects to rapid completion is required.
* Ability to break down problems and structure comprehensive solutions is required.
* Quantitative modeling and data manipulation skills is required.
* Expertise with Excel and Powerpoint is required.
* Strong communication skills with ability to present to and influence executives is required.
* Positive attitude, comfort with ambiguity, and a bias for action is required.
United States-California-San Francisco
Johnson & Johnson (6067)