Johnson & Johnson Careers
IMMUNOLOGY BIOMARKER INTERN
Requisition ID: 3888190110
Janssen Research & Development, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting an Immunology Biomarker Intern. At the Janssen R&D, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medical solutions to treat, cure and prevent some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The role involves working with a lab scientist to develop new methods to measure immunological changes that occur within the human body after it has encountered an acute immune perturbation (e.g. vaccine) in support of an on-going Phase 0 (healthy volunteer) clinical trial. This work includes following established laboratory protocols as well as modify existing protocols to meet the scientific needs of the project. The outcome of this project will support the team’s objective in furthering the understanding of immune responses that occur within the human body.
The Immunology Biomarker Intern will:
- Learn different laboratory technical skills and experimental techniques including, but not limited to, immune cell culture, cell-based and serum-based immunoassays.
- Be trained by current laboratory scientists on the techniques and work closely with the scientists throughout the project.
- In performing these tasks, the scientist will also learn the fundamentals of basic immunology and T cell and B cell responses.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing Biology.
- Candidates must have completed coursework in cell biology (preferably immunology).
- Candidates must have had hands-on laboratory experience; primary cell culture and ELISA experience is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in Sharepoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Candidates with academic and/or industrial clinical trial experience are strongly preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)