Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, US Shoulder Marketing
Requisition ID: 3884180612
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, US Shoulder Marketing, located in Warsaw IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Director, U.S. Shoulder Marketing will develop and implement annual marketing plans, strategies, tactics using resources necessary to achieve established goals. He/she will assess the marketing team’s needs, develop new capabilities, and skills. Meeting regularly with sales leadership, he/she will establish direction and priorities and will partner with GSM on strategic planning process, portfolio planning, and product launches. He/she will be responsible for the tactical execution of regional product launches including sales forecasting, inventory allocation, customer targeting, and coordination of regional & national trainings. The incumbent’s responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Directly supervise a team of US Joint Reconstruction Shoulder marketing professionals focused on providing a high level of support to the regional sales team. This includes “first line” technical support, co-travel to support selling efforts, building customer relationships, and gathering of market intelligence.
- Provide Leadership and collaborate with a cross-functional Shoulder Leadership Team to accelerate growth across DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction, Sports, Trauma, and Alliances. Strategies will consist of external messaging, procedure solutions, professional education, contracting, sales messaging and alignment, plus appropriate incentives to drive growth.
- Oversee communications with the regional sales team.
- Ensure frequent and efficient communications regarding company strategies, product launches, and other key initiatives.
- Work with Regional Leader to develop region specific marketing and promotional materials in adherence to corporate standards and guidelines, and work closely with Professional Education to develop educational programs that align with regional business plans and market needs.
- Oversee and provide direction to the marketing and sales team on how to compete effectively with existing portfolio of products and solutions and provide leadership, direction and management to the assigned marketing team.
- Establish and support a culture that encourages collaboration and inclusiveness across the various DePuy Synthes businesses, and ensure all marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources.
- Develop and oversee annual Marketing Departmental budget.
- Monitor revenues, expenses, and purchases.
- Recruit, motivate, develop, and delegate the overall Performance Management of associates within area of responsibility, and create a robust leadership pipeline in marketing with 2-3 ready now successors to all leaders by through implementation of the JJMD marketing competency model, diversity & inclusion, focus on GLP behavior & career development planning and leadership pipeline concepts.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required while an advanced degree (MBA) is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of related or relevant experience in Marketing, Sales & Sales Management, or related function in a complex market, preferably in the healthcare industry is desirable.
- Significant and proven experience launching new products, services and programs is required.
- Knowledge of healthcare environment and medical device industry including U.S. payment reform; BPCI, and outpatient procedures is desirable.
- Management experience and a proven track record and passion for developing direct reports are required.
- Proven experience developing and executing successful business plans is required.
- Experience and proven leadership in interacting with key customers and sales force is required.
- Position requires up to 50% travel, including some weekends. Travel is primarily domestic, but may include some international travel.
- Global experience preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)