Johnson & Johnson Careers
INTERN IMMUNOLOGY TRANSLATIONAL MED
Requisition ID: 3873190111
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development is focused on novel targets for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, but also includes CNS, oncology and metabolic disorders. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
We currently have one Summer Intern position in the Immunology Translational Science and Medicine (ITSM) Group (Spring House, PA) to help execute clinical studies in development of therapeutic candidates to treat autoimmune diseases. The focus of the ITSM group is to advance development of newly discovered drugs through the conduct of translational studies in early human clinical trials that are focused on evaluating drug safety and proof of drug mechanism in healthy individuals and patients.
This assignment will offer an undergraduate or recent graduate the opportunity to work as part of a cross-functional team in the pharmaceutical research and development setting. This direct exposure will allow the student to participate in the planning, execution, analysis and reporting of translational studies and early human trials. Specifically, the candidate will participate in:
- Critical review of the scientific literature pertaining to compounds and pathways of interest
- Development of clinical study protocols
- Analysis and presentation of data, both internally- and externally-generated
Interested candidates should have a strong desire to learn about the drug development process and contribute to improving the health of people worldwide. This position may be of interest to individuals considering medial graduate school in health-related fields.
- 2019 B.S./B.A. graduates and current undergraduate students working towards a degree in Immunology, Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences or other life science related fields of study may apply.
- Previous intensive research experiences, including bench, clinical, or translational work, with a documented track record of productivity is highly preferred.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, reliable and have excellent problem solving, writing, and communication skills.
- Extensive PC based skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
- Qualified candidates must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and have strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Candidates must have authorization to work in the US.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)