Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Data Scientist/Engineer
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 3864180313
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Lead Data Scientist/Engineer to join our Johnson & Johnson Enterprise Data Analytics team and help us bring innovation to life and help advance the health and well-being of people around the world, through ideas, products and services.
We are one of only two industrial companies to hold a AAA Credit Rating. With our forward-thinking business practices, commitment to diversity and inclusion, smart management and social responsibility—as noted by our tenure in Fortune World’s Most Admired company list for the 16th year in a row, and appearing in the top 20—we are well positioned to transform Technology & Analytics to help innovate faster and compete more effectively, making science and technology equal partners in building the future of Johnson & Johnson.
The Lead Data Scientist/Engineer is an important, integral part of the transformation within J&J Enterprise Data Analytics team. The position is responsible for analyzing commercial outcomes and providing insights throughout the product lifecycle across marketing and sales functions (including pricing analytics, market mix modeling, trade promotions, revenue growth management, customer experience improvement, business development and other initiatives.). This individual will be responsible for developing analytical prototypes and scalable analytical “solutions” to provide competitive advantage to J&J in the healthcare space – and will be a part of a dynamic and growing team. This role will also be responsible for bringing a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary and learning and deploying leading technologies in the analytics space specific to the business needs to drive results and identify opportunities. This individual will drive business impact by solving unique problems through keen and creative mathematical analysis, continuous improvement methodologies and change management in a cross functional organization. This individual will also partner with assigned value chain, marketing, sales and technology core team members to define the business opportunity, define the data analytics requirements, develop analytical models, share insights and influence decision making.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Understanding the business opportunities within and beyond individual franchises to enable profitable growth.
• Developing the analytical solutions to address the opportunities – and partnering with business and technology to deploy the solution to achieve impact.
• Working with technology partners to integrate information and solution into a seamless, repeatable and consistent way.
• Being a change agent- continuing to be on the leading edge of the analytical capabilities outside of J&J – building capability within the organization.
• Provide though leadership by researching best practices and collaborating with external organizations and external partners.
Candidates should possess:
• Advanced analytical skills to master complex optimization techniques.
• Strong business acumen to understand functional domains, and understand how decisions impact the different parts of our commercial organization.
• Strong understanding and hands-on experience in Machine Learning algorithms using open source scripting language across different machine learning platforms.
• Proven ability to understand massive disparate data sets and transform the information into clear insights for the business.
• Strong communication and influence skills to effectively translate complex analytical models into clear, succinct recommendations to stakeholders.
• Strong focus on B2C customer analytics, including customer satisfaction, opportunity analysis, customer journey to drive individualized customer engagement and outstanding outcomes.
• Master’s in STEM or related discipline, e.g. statistics, operations research, computer science, mathematics and 3 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field (Data analyst or Scientist), OR Ph.D. in STEM related field and 1 year of experience is required.
• Strong demonstrated understanding of machine learning methods and applied statistical packages as applied to data analysis within open source scripting languages (e.g. R, Python) is required.
• Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as R, Python, HTML5, etc. is required; background in programming in C, C++, Java is preferred.
• Significant exposure to optimization engines (e.g. C-PLEX, Gurobi) is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability in ingesting, cleansing and contextualizing data through advanced data engineering approach is preferred.
• Demonstrated familiarity with large datasets, and understanding of data analysis workflows is required; strong preference for information integration across different sources (e.g. structured data, text, image) is required.
• Demonstrated skills in building scalable prototypes is required; demonstrated capability in building scalable analytical solutions is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in business applications of distributed computing (e.g. MapReduce, HIVE, HADOOP) is strongly preferred; experience on ML algorithms on platforms like MS-AZURE, AML is strongly preferred.
• Proven communication and influence skills are required.
• Strong working knowledge of the commercial insights associated with the product and brand lifecycle is strongly preferred.
• Healthcare industry experience is preferred.
• This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 30% domestic and/or international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)