Johnson & Johnson Careers
INFORMATION DESIGN COOP
Requisition ID: 3850190114
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Are you passionate about improving healthcare
experiences for patients, caregivers and healthcare systems? The Johnson &
Johnson Medical Devices (JJMDC) Industrial Design and Human Factors (IDHF) organization
is seeking exceptionally talented, multi-faceted Interaction / Information Design
students to join our global team.
Our IDHF organization is responsible for user-centered aspects of new product development, and partners with cross-functional research and development teams to bring solutions to market. We immerse ourselves in the users’ environment; use the design process to organize complex information in an actionable way; leverage technology, human factors, and creativity to illuminate the possibilities; and test with end users to refine concepts until the best solution is achieved. We are a collaborative team, dedicated to improving patient outcomes by delivering exceptional user experiences to healthcare professionals.
This position can be based at our Cincinnati, OH or Raynham, MA offices and will serve as an integrated team member with the designers at that location.
- Synthesizing and shaping large amounts of information to drive understanding for internal team members and external partners. Examples include analyzing user research, auditing the competitive landscape, developing presentations for storytelling purposes.
- Performing usability heuristic evaluations, sketching user flows, defining information architecture, and wireframing interfaces.
- Assisting with pixel-perfect screen layouts - establishing hierarchy of elements and refining type/button sizing based on display size, contrast ratio, Human Factors specifications.
- Prototyping micro interactions via a UI prototyping tool and/or After Effects.
- Enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing a bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interaction Design or Communication Design with an Interaction Design Focus. Only students in their second year of bachelor’s or above with a 3.0 GPA will be considered.
- Students must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship
- Ability to distill information accurately with a strong attention to detail, quality, and process.
- Ability to identify patterns, connections, discrepancies, and narratives not immediately apparent, and format the information into maps or workflows that will guide the overall design process.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles, methodologies, best practices and approaches; particularly as applied to information visualization for static and interactive environments
- Understanding of Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) conventions, and experience in concepting interactive prototypes
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)