Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 3846190111
Johnson & Johnson Consumer products Company, Part of the Johnson 7 Johnson Family of Companies, is currently seeking a Facilities Engineer located in Lancaster PA.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company touch more than a billion people’s lives every single day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applies extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in a broad range of assignments and related fields.
- Perform complex technical work including the design, manufacture and operation of structures, machines, and systems.
- Improve reliability of equipment/systems and decrease waste of resources.
- Execute capital projects and lead continuous improvement of equipment/processes. Provide technical support for project planning, development, implementation, and modification; contributes to engineering standards development balancing business and customer needs.
- Acts as Technical Lead for the Facilities equipment and associated utilities to support projects and enhance the Facility and Technician capabilities.
- Performs basic research of new technology for potential application.
- Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Assignments usually include one or more of the following: equipment design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, and report preparation.
- Design and implement project plans within the boundaries of GMP, to include but not limited to the process itself along with commissioning/qualification of new equipment and/or processes.
- Willingness to look for new and innovative solutions to projects or issues.
- Ensure quality and compliance in all my actions by:
- Attend GMP training on the schedule designated and appropriate for the role
- Complete training in learning management systems, in assigned instructor led classrooms or as a performance qualification as assigned.
- Adhere to strict compliance with procedures applicable to the role and functions.
- Exercise the highest level of integrity in the tasks that are performed
- In a timely and prompt manner, identify, report and seek correction for deviations noted in the workplace.
- Embrace a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time, while being open to change, accepting, seeking to understand, having conversations that are professional and respectful, while controlling emotions and ensuring that these conversations occur in the appropriate location.
- Support all investigations in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for achieving day-to-day process outcome and delivering metrics for the process. Focus on efficiency of process, customer service goals, compliance, cost management and training.
- Create detailed maintenance plans in a timely fashion to ensure completion of WOs in a timely fashion.
- Identify and prioritize improvement priorities for Facilities Infrastructure and preventative maintenance.
- Manages and authors Validation Master Plan (VMP) and Periodic Reviews on Facilities Systems and/or Equipment. Ensure metrics, VMP, periodic reviews are up-to-date.
- Support Supervisor with Capital Project Engineering, Facilities, Utilities and Validation Teams to ensure proper scheduling of tasks to minimize downtime in the production areas.
- Assist with Maintenance & Facilities Contractor Certification Process
- Exercise judgement on details of work and in making selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Equipment design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, and prepare reports.
- Design and implement project plans within the boundaries of GMP, to include but not limited to the project itself along with plans for commissioning and qualification of new equipment and/or processes.
- Become a subject matter expert for the site’s Facility Condition Assessment Program and implement/maintain assigned work-streams within the program.
- Become a Power User in the applicable systems and roles assigned. Able to extract data from CMMS. Working knowledge of master data and maintenance processed in CMMS.
- Takes necessary action to eliminate and immediately address safety hazards. Communicate any observed unsafe behaviors immediately.
- Qualify as a GMP trainer. Partner with training department to create training materials.
- Read, understand, and work with schematics, drawings, diagrams, and service/repair manuals.
- Work with Engineering and/or contractors in the design, layout, installation, troubleshooting, and repair of various systems throughout the facility.
- Perform project management duties including requesting and managing capital funds, coordination of design engineers, coordination of contract/contractor services (insect/rodent control, trash, housekeeping, security, exterior building and grounds), installation/start-up of facilities and maintenance of systems (parts systems, preventative maintenance, telephone, computer hardware and equipment calibration) as required.
- Draft/Manage/Administer required documents, as appropriate, for Facilities tasks and/or project work (including, but not limited to: construction protocols, triage forms, updates for CMMS items, annual EHS contractor training, system for contractor safety pre-qualification as required by EHS, etc.).
- Participates in protocols, change control activities in the planning, execution and analysis phases.
- Willing to assist and support projects and other key plant initiatives as needed. Maintains a level of flexibility to meet maintenance and Project deadlines.
- Present a professional office appearance, eliminating desk clutter. Own assigned area from a 5S perspective, meeting standards and maintaining inspection readiness.
- Willingness to travel for training and developmental opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Acts in accordance to the principles expressed in Our Credo and the Quality Statement Policy in all negotiations and activities inside/outside the company and ensures these are met.
- Identify all cGMP and EHS&S regulatory requirements in the documented Maintenance Plan prior to submitting for scheduling process
- Maintain and Report Plan Attainment Metrics
- Participates in and writes quality investigations and Change Controls as required. Owner of applicable action items.
- Be a reliability subject matter expert (SME) to understand the critical aspect of facilities systems. Point of reference for Audit and acts as SME.
- Edits and authors documentation (i.e. Standard Operating Procedures, work instructions, JSAs) as necessary. Identify opportunities to improve procedures and assist in revisions.
- Meets all regulatory requirements and participates in audits to enhance inspection readiness. Monitors and follows up for ensuring timely completion of all commitments.
- Identify and communicate to supervision all immediate and potential quality, safety, or environmental issues (material, procedure, and process) as observed.
- Ensure that all documentation associated with his/her activities is documented with Good Documentation Practices. (includes but not limited to: CMMS, protocols, batch records, investigations, PM modification forms and log books)
- Follow applicable SOPs and batch records.
- Maintain an updated and current training record (adhere to training due dates in Learning Management Systems, completing assigned “no completion date” training within 60 days of assignment, etc.)
- Participate in Safety initiatives and other plant designated programs (JJPS, Safety Day, etc.)
- Assist with items on the DCM Dashboard as needed.
- All EHS observations are remediated.
- Conduct work based on established and certified cGMP, Safety & Environmental practices
- Participates in investigations and internal and external audits.
- Assists in gathering information and documentation as required.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Ensures all assigned trainings are completed on-time.
- Ensure training in the assigned tasks have been delivered/completed prior to execution.
- Demands pursuit of stretch and/or smart goals.
- Sets example for personal commitment and accountability.
- Provides timely and honest feedback.
- Be an active participant in various team meetings and daily meetings.
- Work as a team member with Supervisor and Technicians to ensure process outcomes (Business Unit results) are achieved.
- Work with Technicians/Engineers/Planners/EHS&S to resolve issues.
- Collaborate with technicians and supervisors to ensure non-production technical work is executable.
- Represents Facilities in engineering projects led by other groups and lead small projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with customers/stakeholders regarding schedule, impact of work being performed, and providing confirmation to customers/stakeholders when the work is completed.
- Support the group with information to order repair parts or coordinate contracted repair services.
- Liaise with Supervisors, Planners, and Mechanics/Technicians
- Share work knowledge/expertise with fellow team members and Johnson & Johnson personnel
- Coaches, mentors, and trains others once qualified
- Work with Quality, Operations, Maintenance and Engineering to minimize the site facilities’ equipment downtime. Leads technical troubleshooting efforts to determine the root cause of equipment failures and underperformance. Implement timely, effective corrective actions.
- Proactively seek ways to improve through implementation of a continuous improvement methodology.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating SAP Maintenance Plans as part of ongoing process improvement
- Provide day-to-day support and surveillance of equipment performance and maintenance.
- Lead continuous improvement process using equipment reliability improvement methodologies including Process Excellence tools, FMECA, Risk Analysis and Zero Defects.
- Evaluate maintenance strategies to ensure the effective use of resources and to maximize equipment reliability and reduce maintenance costs.
- Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) as the central reliability measurement tool by ensuring accurate data collection/ analysis and by establishing and monitoring reliability Key Performance Indicators.
- Drives implementation of continuous improvement actions. Acts as a champion for Zero defects / Lean methodology and application of Lean concepts in work area. Supports team in application of lean concepts and methodology.
- Responsible for ensuring the reliability of equipment/utilities that supports the processing and packaging of Lancaster products.
- Works with Information Technology personnel during periods of technical difficulties, patching, or upgrades on various facility systems.
- Collaboratively works towards solutions in a professional demeanor when confronted with challenges, opportunities, and problems.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for process and equipment.
- Willingness to look for new and innovative solutions to projects or issues.
- Maintain 5S status of assigned areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with minimum of 2 years of relative technical work experience or a high school diploma with a minimum of 4 years of relative technical work experience.
- Technical knowledge of utilities systems, buildings and equipment is required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills, and proven analytical ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in a similar manufacturing environment (i.e. clean room, machinery, processes, continuous production, etc.)
- Prior experience operating and maintaining utility/facilities systems is preferred.
- Experience in a regulated, automated industry is preferred.
- Pharmaceutical/GMP experience is preferred.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs/ladders
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs occasionally
- Ability to drive action.
- Technical knowledge of supply chain process.
- Acts decisively, setting clear priorities.
- Working knowledge of CMMS – knowledge of SAP PM is a plus
- Lean techniques
- Statistical analysis and automated systems
- MS Office Suite including MS Project
- Demonstrated partnering and influencing skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in a highly integrated team environment, providing strong support to teammates and customers.
- Read and write English, knowledgeable on diagram/drawing/schematic reading and repair manual interpretation.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Excellent verbal/documentation skills are required for this role as it includes interactions with government and company regulators/auditors/inspectors.
- EIT or PE preferred
- PMP preferred
- Lean Six Sigma preferred (Green or Black Belt)
- Able to work extra hours, at night or on weekends and/or irregular shifts.
- Able to respond to emergency calls.
- Able to support other departments or projects according to business needs.
- Willingness to be on-call for off-hours, holidays, and weekends.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)