Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, Change Management, Communications & Training
Requisition ID: 3843190506
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Director, Change Management, Communications & Training, located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Director Finance Change Management & Communications will be responsible for partnering with key stakeholders across the Finance Solutions and Technology Organization to develop the Change Management strategy and drive defined change initiatives to enable faster adoption and higher utilization proficiency within and across our operating model. The Change Management Lead will focus on the people side of change for major programs and initiatives including changes to processes, systems and technology, job roles & responsibilities, capabilities & competencies, and organization structures. The primary focus will be aligning and implementing the Finance roadmap plans and adapting for the Finance function in order maximize employee engagement and minimize employee resistance.
The Change Management Lead will work to drive faster adoption, greater ultimate utilization and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in the organization such that business results are achieved over the strategic roadmap horizon. This leader will also develop the learning management and training programs across Finance and roll out program changes.
The Change & Communications Leader will partner with Corporate Communications and HR teams (and others as required) to help lead and drive Finance engagement plans.
- Operate as member of the J&J Finance Solutions & Technology leadership team, representing the unique challenges and needs for the Change Management & Communications on behalf of Finance
- Partner with the Finance Leadership team, peers in functions, Training, BU HR and other peer relationships required to support efficient collaboration, planning and delivery of Change & Communications initiatives and projects
- Manage, mature, and promote the use of Change Management and Communications frameworks and processes across Finance to ensure best engagement and delivery methods are employed that maximize efficiencies and value across Finance
- Create appropriate networks internally and externally to Finance to maximize engagement
- Develop strong partnership with PMO and to ensure metrics, successes, storytelling are part of the change journey
Change Management, Communications & Training Leadership:
- Provide deep change expertise and draw a holistic and strategic view of change management for the Finance organization
- Develop the strategy and lead implementation of the change / communication execution arm for the organization (e.g. leaderships role in change, Change Network, Human Resources, etc.)
- Provide leadership oversight to large scale Change Management and Communications initiatives across the Finance organization
- Partner and manage the Change Management and Communication work associated with movement of new work and/or services into and within the Finance organization
- Provide ultimate oversight over all change management related activities including:
- Preparing for change: perform current state assessment, define change management plan, create change management team, identify and manage sponsor and stakeholders
- Managing change: Develop and implement change management plans that includes communication, sponsor, training, coaching and resistance management plans
- Reinforcing and sustaining change: Collect and analyze feedback, diagnose risks and gaps, manage resistance to change, implement corrective actions and celebrate change success
- Lead the development and deployment of training materials and programs to support Finance transformation initiatives, and manage the inventory of active transformation-related learning materials for Finance employees
Shape and Drive Effective Communication
- Work closely with all stakeholders to enhance the J&J employee experience and ensure consistency of messaging and content
- Drive integration and connect to enterprise platforms for the benefit of the total Finance organization globally
- Partner with Corporate Communications to ensure experience improvements
- Embrace and lead a culture of inclusiveness and multi-cultural engagement through coaching and feedback to peers and the broader community in Finance in alignment with the J&J’s Leadership imperatives
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, feedback, and, where appropriate, discipline to and through subordinate team members
- Benchmark capabilities, processes and tools against peer groups both internal and external. Build and execute plans to continually mature and expand the skills and capabilities of the Change Management and Communication teams
- Lead the ongoing development and maturity of the Change Management and Communications organization in partnership and consultation with Human Resources and Corporate Communications
- Develops external relationships to ensure current and state of the art approaches
- An undergraduate degree is required; a degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development / Change, or Business with a focus in Organizational Studies is preferred.
- An advanced degree in Organizational Development (MSOD), Human Resources or Business (MBA) with a focus in Organizational Studies is preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of progressive change management and communications experience is required.
- Thorough understanding of Change Management strategic planning processes, delivery methodologies and tools to delivery successful Change programs is required.
- Proven results in performing business readiness activities, including stakeholder management and communication planning and delivery is required.
- Deep knowledge of organizational systems, models, interdependencies and the ability to assess organization dynamics / systems and design interventions aimed at moving the org forward against business (holistic) goals is required.
- The ability to see connections, patterns across org units and connect the dots for others is required.
- The ability to develop strong partnership with peers and other senior level partners (Vice Presidents and Sr. Directors), and experience developing and implementing communications or change management programs required.
- Superior skills at building strong partnerships and the ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal required.
- The ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences is required.
- The ability to craft approaches for the organization that meet short term needs while supporting / pushing moving the org forward for the long term is required.
- Must be flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to operate as a global leader with understanding and appreciation for regional differences is required.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle is required.
- Experience with large-scale transformation and process change efforts is required.
- Must have problem solving and root cause identification skills and the ability to simplify the complex for leadership action.
- Must be organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
- Must be able to work effectively at all levels in an organization, coach all levels, demonstrate patience and know when to push / challenge.
- Must be a strong team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges required.
- Must thrive on ambiguity and the ability to create value out of white space.
- PROSCI Change management certification is an asset.
- Up to approximately 25% domestic and international travel may be required.
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)