Johnson & Johnson Careers
R&D Manager, Product Development Team
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 3839190904
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an R&D Manager, Product Development Team within the Research and Development Organization in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.\
In this role you will lead a team of Research & Development (R&D) Engineers dedicated to providing technical support for our portfolio of Hip and Knee orthopedic medical devices that are already released and in the market.
• Leading and developing a team of highly motivated Engineers in a R&D environment.
• Ensuring the ongoing safety and efficacy of our products in the hands of our customers and for the patients treated by them.
• Maintaining regulatory and quality compliance for all our products in all markets globally in a heavily regulated industry with ever-changing regulatory requirements.
• Supporting the Supply Chain Organization, resolving issues in a timely manner so that our products are available when our customers need them.
• Maximizing the value of our products, finding opportunities to continually improve the quality, function and cost of our devices post launch.
• You will role model leadership behaviors that are consistent with Our Credo Values.
• Develop strategies to address emerging business and industry needs.
• Through collaboration with other functions you will deliver critical projects on time.
• You will consider global and local market customer and business needs in your decision-making.
• There are daily exchanges with other business functions, external suppliers, health authorities and medical professionals globally.
• Your analytical and creative problem-solving skills will be regularly tested as you help resolve a variety of challenges from around the business.
• Team management activities such as budget planning, resource management, project tracking, recruitment and people development are your responsibility.
• Challenging norms, developing new processes and introducing new technologies to enhance business performance will underpin your success.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline is essential.
• 6 years’ Product Development experience in a regulated industry
• Previous leadership or supervisory experience in a regulated industry
• Experience developing strategies to address emerging business and industry needs
• Ability to travel up to 10% both domestic and international
• Advanced Degree
• Experience with team management activities such as budget planning, resource management, project tracking, recruitment and people development
• Medical Device Product Development experience
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)